64-bit deflicker

Support for my VirtualDub filters
DAE avatar
jpsdr

Re: 64-bit deflicker

Post by jpsdr »

admin wrote:Something like that.
... Well, you have the exemple i've described, as i said, you can request several previous/next frames when you process a frame (allowing to cover all the frames), so it's absolutely possible to do your decimate filter. For exemple, just by going by pack of m frames. I assume that in each m frames pack, you allways remove n frames. You're not realy totaly random, you're not for exemple removing no frames during 3*m frames, and suddenly removing 3*n frames in continous.
So, you'll have to think a little how to do according the way it works in VDub, but it's totaly possible.
Can't give more precise advices with just "Something like that"... ;)
admin

Post by admin »

I did specify exactly what I wanted. The "something like that" was to denote that it didn't match exactly what you described.

Given what you said, I would have to ask if you are sure that VirtualDub will cache M frames, so that they need not be recalculated. Do you know the answer?

I'm not seriously intending to implement this, but I am interested theoretically.
DAE avatar
jpsdr

Post by jpsdr »

admin wrote:Given what you said, I would have to ask if you are sure that VirtualDub will cache M frames, so that they need not be recalculated. Do you know the answer?
I don't know how internaly VDub does things, so, no...