zoom 1.2

Support for my VirtualDub filters
DAE avatar
diallery

zoom 1.2

Post by diallery »

Hi

I would like to use the virtualdub filter zoom 1.2 for my timelapse videos, but the output width and height are limited to 3 digits and I need at least 720x1280 better 1080x1920. I have the same problem with the exotic pan filter. The pan filter works well but is quiet complex to use.

Can it be fixed?

example video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkjDil8SWwo

thanks
diallery
admin

Re: zoom 1.2

Post by admin »

I'll have a look at things this evening and see what I can do about it for you.

You may also consider using Avisynth for this functionality.
admin

Post by admin »

I had a look and it appears that the restriction is in the early OBJs I borrowed from VirtualDub at the time this filter was created (HD did not exist for all practical purposes back then). I would have to re-port those files and make any changes that might be required if the interface has changed.

I do not intend to carry out this work due to lack of available time. I recommend that you use Avisynth scripting for this.

For me personally, Avisynth scripting/filtering long ago made VirtualDub filtering obsolete.
DAE avatar
PHILPH99

Post by PHILPH99 »

I recently discovered this filter which initially looking to be very useful until I discovered that it was no use for HD videos due to the restriction in entering values for the Output Width & Height

I understand from previous posts that there is no intention of correcting this - what a shame !

However, would it be possibly to note this on the filter description page to save other potential users wasting their time trying it for HD videos.

I fortunately found an alternative ( Motion ) filter by Ben Greenwood , which does a similar thing and is hosted on this site at http://rationalqm.us/motion/motion.html

This is however not currently listed in the Virtualdub list