[RESOLVED] Invalid License when Offline

Support for problems with license issues for my licensed tools
DAE avatar
maxrnb

[RESOLVED] Invalid License when Offline

Post by maxrnb »

Greetings All,
I recently added a Hauppauge HD-PVR to my setup so I can capture and archive/backup to DVD some of the video
I have recorded on my DishNet DVR. The capture part is fine except the Hauppauge encodes to h264 in only 30fps
or 60fps (on my setup).

To do the capture I have to move my computer into another room where the DVR is located and my computer is no longer
connected to a network. The ethernet port is then not connected to anything.

When I run either DGDecNV or DGAVCDecDI with the machine offline I get an "invalid license" error.
I found a workaround by connecting an ethernet hub to my machine but I shouldn't have to go through all that
every time I move the machine to capture video and index the captured h264 clips. I've already tried disabling the port
but that makes no difference.

I understand about multiple licenses etc. I can't create another machine ID using the online license generator while my
machine is offline. The problem is how do I create an offline machine ID?

Any help is appreciated.
admin

Re: Invalid License when Offline

Post by admin »

Get your machine ID while the machine is offline. Then go online and use the license generator with the ID thus determined. Add the resulting license key to your license.txt file.
DAE avatar
maxrnb

Post by maxrnb »

neuron2 wrote:Get your machine ID while the machine is offline. Then go online and use the license generator with the ID thus determined. Add the resulting license key to your license.txt file.
Thanks DG for the ultrafast reply.

I'll give it a shot.

Many Thanks! :)
DAE avatar
maxrnb

Post by maxrnb »

neuron2 wrote:Get your machine ID while the machine is offline. Then go online and use the license generator with the ID thus determined. Add the resulting license key to your license.txt file.
And there it was Hiding In Plain Sight!

Generating a new license using the offline Machine ID solved the problem.

DGAVCDecDI and DGDecNV are now working on my machine in online and offline mode.

Many Thanks DG! :D
admin

Post by admin »

You're welcome, and thank you for your interest in my tools.