invalid license

Support for problems with license issues for my licensed tools
DAE avatar
reimann3

invalid license

Post by reimann3 »

I created the license file the the intructions said and it keeps giving my a message about invalid license.

My intial questions are these. First, what did I buy a license to? I thought I was getting a license to dgavcdecdi2038. The download link on the page that opened from my confirmation email had a link to dgdecnv2042. Second how can I tell the difference between a license error for stuff from admin and DiAVC? Everyone I talk to swears buy your software for deinterlacing. I have some more technical questions but I'm going to save them for after I get this activated.

ETA:

I'm having this issue viewtopic.php?f=6&t=145
admin

Re: invalid license

Post by admin »

reimann3 wrote:I created the license file the the intructions said and it keeps giving my a message about invalid license.
Please send me an email with a screenshot of your Help/About box opened in DGAVCIndexDI, and also attach the license.txt file you made.
My intial questions are these. First, what did I buy a license to? I thought I was getting a license to dgavcdecdi2038. The download link on the page that opened from my confirmation email had a link to dgdecnv2042.
You donated for access to all my licensed tools. You can download DGAVCDecDI here:

http://rationalqm.us/dgavcdecdi/dgavcdecdi.html
Second how can I tell the difference between a license error for stuff from admin and DiAVC?
The error you point me to in the other thread is a DG tools licensing error. Possibly you made a bad license by entering your machine ID wrong, or you named the file licence.txt or used a double extension .txt.txt. That's why I asked above for the email with screenshot and license file.
Everyone I talk to swears buy your software for deinterlacing. I have some more technical questions but I'm going to save them for after I get this activated.
Only the nVidia version (DGDecNV) does this deinterlacing. You can get a 520 card with VP5 engine for close to $50.

If you cannot use the software as you intended due to these factors, then I will be happy to refund your donation.
DAE avatar
reimann3

Post by reimann3 »

I expect to use at least the nvidia one. Email sent. I think I got the license issue resolved I have other question but I'm going to post them on the proper sections
DAE avatar
reimann3

Post by reimann3 »

I got the license issue resolved. I also made sure that diavc was activated. I'm getting a different issue now,
admin

Post by admin »

reimann3 wrote:I got the license issue resolved. I also made sure that diavc was activated. I'm getting a different issue now,
Would you like to share it with me, or perhaps you posted prematurely?
DAE avatar
reimann3

Post by reimann3 »

neuron2 wrote:
reimann3 wrote:I got the license issue resolved. I also made sure that diavc was activated. I'm getting a different issue now,
Would you like to share it with me, or perhaps you posted prematurely?
see attached. I'm not sure if this is with diavc or not. Does it matter if I use an mkv or h.264 file?
Attachments
issue.png
admin

Post by admin »

That's a DiAVC licensing issue. Is DGDecNV working for you?

MKV and AVC elementary should both be fine in both applications.
DAE avatar
reimann3

Post by reimann3 »

haven't tried it yet. I mean to use it eventually. I ordered my nvidia card today. I have two machine I work on. What was my main workstation has an ati. once the card arrives from amazon I'll be switching to the other. I s is megui there is a place for nvidia based deinterlacing. How do you load it in?
admin

Post by admin »

reimann3 wrote:haven't tried it yet. I mean to use it eventually. I ordered my nvidia card today. I have two machine I work on. What was my main workstation has an ati. once the card arrives from amazon I'll be switching to the other.
OK. I suggest waiting for that. My DiAVC support never left alpha status, and while it works OK with DiAVC 1.2.2 it won't be updated, and in any case it does not do any deinterlacing.
I s is megui there is a place for nvidia based deinterlacing. How do you load it in?
I don't really know that much about MEGUI, but I believe it supports invoking GPU deinterlacing via DGDecNV. Let's address that when your card arrives. Which card did you buy?
DAE avatar
reimann3

Post by reimann3 »

evga GT 620. I checked on the Nvidia website to make sure it supported pure video. what was my main machine will eventually get this card when I get a GTX 660ti
admin

Post by admin »

The 660 will be the cat's meow as it has VP5.
DAE avatar
reimann3

Post by reimann3 »

that and it's going to be awesome for starcraft II. The people who steered me your direction swear by the Nvidia filter so I ain't gonna be wantin' my money back. I'm going to have to figure a way to get this stuff to work.
admin

Post by admin »

Right on!

The guy that manages MEGUI these days is Zathor, a dedicated and highly competent guy, and he and I work very well together. We're going to make sure you are a happy camper. :lol:
DAE avatar
reimann3

Post by reimann3 »

Most of the best TV these days comes from the UK. Most of that is interlaced. If you had seen how bad some of my test runs were on MBAFF sources you'd understand why I was having to put yadif back on the shelf.