[RESOLVED] Invalid License Problems

Support for problems with license issues for my licensed tools
DAE avatar
blueboy23

[RESOLVED] Invalid License Problems

Post by blueboy23 »

First off, I wanted to thank you for all your hard work. I recently had to move due to medical reasons, and I've been using DGIndexNV for a long time. It is saying that my license is invalid when I try to index a file. I've read other topics, and I don't know if I need to generate another license or not. I still have the text file that shows my machine ID. I think I need to email you my machine ID, screenshot of the about page, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Thank you again and take care.

EDIT: This is very strange, but I got it working with my wireless connection, but not with my LAN Connection. I will wait until you advise me what to do.
admin

Re: Invalid License Problems

Post by admin »

You have to make a license for each networking configuration. The machine ID
will be different depending on which is enabled. Put both the license keys in the
same license.txt file, one per line. Then DGDecNV will use the right one as needed.
DAE avatar
blueboy23

Post by blueboy23 »

Thank you for responding. The only thing is that I can't remember what my User ID was when I made it. I've got the machine ID. I apologize that I didn't write that down or save it.

EDIT: I found it, but it gives me the same key when I generate a new one. Do I need to do it again? Sorry if that is a stupid question.
admin

Post by admin »

So you already made a license for that networking setup. Switch to the other one and then get the machine ID for that from Help/About in DGIndexNV. Make a license for that machine ID and add it to your license.txt file.
DAE avatar
blueboy23

Post by blueboy23 »

Working perfectly as always. It's been a couple of years or so since I bought this great tool from you. I don't use it to it's full potential- mainly because I don't fully understand all the ends and outs, but you're getting another donation from me from your hard work and great advice on your weekend :) hope this helps you.
admin

Post by admin »

Thank you for your kind words and interest in my tools. May all your endeavors meet with resounding success!
DAE avatar
blueboy23

Post by blueboy23 »

I hope I'm not bothering you, but when I just put in my User ID, it gives me 3 Machine ID's. Two are the same one (the one for my wireless), and the other is the new one I made for my LAN connection. Are the 2 that are the same using 2 of my allowed licenses? It's not a huge deal, and I should have read the manual more closely. Thank you again for helping me. Just let me know if there is something I can do. Take care.

EDIT: I just read the latest thread on DGIndexNV, and if I exhaust my licenses, I'll send you an email. I apologize; It's been quite a long day for me.