[RESOLVED] DiAVC registration fails

Support for problems with license issues for my licensed tools
AYColumbia

[RESOLVED] DiAVC registration fails

Post by AYColumbia »

Hi,
I'm having an issue with registration on a second computer to use a 2nd license. I sent an email a couple days ago to sales@di-avc.com. Is this email still active or should I post the issue here? Thank you.
---
omay, arrylay, curlyq & associates
admin

Re: DiAVC registration fails

Post by admin »

It depends on whether it is a DiAVC issue or DGAVCDecDI issue, Can you give me the exact error message you get? Also, can you decode using DiAVC using a DirectShow player?
AYColumbia

Post by AYColumbia »

Sure, here's what I had sent to the sales@di-avc.com email a couple days ago.
I had purchased the license back on 2/12/2012. I’ve been using this on a primary computer since then, but I need to put it on a secondary computer for some test encoding that I’ll be doing every now and then as it’s my laptop and it’s more convenient to haul it than my primary machine.

I got the machine code and license key but running the DiAVC Registration.exe fails with the error:
DiAVC Registration Initialization failed!

When the app comes up after clicking OK, no machine code is listed. The "Machine Code:" input box is grayed out and empty.

Any help is greatly appreciated as I can’t figure out what the heck I’m missing.
If I try to use it, e.g., inserting the filter in GraphStudio or loading a tream into DGAVCIndexDI, the error "DiVAC Unactivated!" message comes back. Of course I can't activate it if there's no machine code. It's definitely a DiAVC issue from what I'm seeing. On my laptop I have Windows 8 by the way. My media server where I initially installed everything back when I got it was and is still running Windows 7. Both OSes are 64bit. Please let me know if there's any other info I can provide. Thank you.
---
admin

Post by admin »

We'll have to wait for a response from DiAVC then. I don't know if it runs on Win8.
AYColumbia

Post by AYColumbia »

Okay, thanks. I sent a follow up email pointing to this post as well.
---
AYColumbia

Post by AYColumbia »

Hi,
I wanted to follow up on this issue. DiAVC got back to me with a special EXE file. I ran it and it produced the machine code that I sent back and they provided the password. I was able to register/activate via this "special" console EXE app. Looks like on Win8, it'll have to be done this way until the registration UI app is updated to work with Win8. Now that the encoder is working so is DG-DI. :)
---
admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the update and I'm glad things are working for you.