[RESOLVED] Auto Machine ID different

Support for problems with license issues for my licensed tools
DAE avatar
specise_8472

[RESOLVED] Auto Machine ID different

Post by specise_8472 »

I tried to generate a machine ID using the Portal, and it gave me one.
Generated license, but it was invalid.
I had one of the programs spit out the Machine ID it was expecting, and used this to generate a new license, and this worked.
Turns out the ID was for my old PC, go figure as I have completely rebuilt system with all new parts.
It was like the online generator found the old ID in its DB and ran with it.
admin

Re: Auto Machine ID different

Post by admin »

There's no question in your post and not enough specifics for me to know what exactly you did, so I cannot answer anything specific to your post. If it is running for you let's be happy. :D

The generator remembers the list of valid user IDs, and then for each user ID the list of machine IDs for which licenses were generated. When generating a new license, the user ID is verified and then the only further check is whether you are not trying to generate more than 8 licenses. The previous machine IDs are not used in any other way than to count them. I suppose it is theoretically possible that the new motherboard generates the same identity as the previous one, in which case the machine ID would remain the same.

Note that the VBVChecker uses different licensing and so won't show the same machine ID as DGIndexNV.
DAE avatar
specise_8472

Post by specise_8472 »

What happened is that I generated a license for DGDecnv and it failed.
When I then also went to run DGDecIM it failed but gave me a different machine ID to that which the online generator gave.
I used this new ID to regenerate a license and it works now with DGDecnv. BTW I have NV card, but ran IM just to see, which was just as well as it gave me the correct ID to use.
admin

Post by admin »

You are telling me that DGDecNV and DGIndexIM are giving different machine IDs? It's not possible because they use identical code. I am also unable to reproduce that. Please check it again and if it is that way please give me screenshots that show it. Thank you.
DAE avatar
specise_8472

Post by specise_8472 »

Thanks for the new version with license fix.
I now get a third different id, but this one works a treat, thanks.
admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the status update and I'm glad the fixes are working good for you.