[RESOLVED] Megui license issue

Support for problems with license issues for my licensed tools
DAE avatar
Richardcau74

[RESOLVED] Megui license issue

Post by Richardcau74 »

Hello
First i would like to thank you for creating such a great piece of software ive been using it for the last few years and its helped me greatly.
Now for my license problem, Recently MEGui updated there DGindexNV to 2050 (20150930) and my license stopped working (Invalid License), I tried generating a new one but i just get the same old one since my Machine ID has not changed, I reported it to MEGui and they said licensing issues should be directed to here so here i am, When i downgrade to 2049 it works perfectly so what has changed in 2050 that has made my license invalid?
Thanks
Richard
admin

Re: Megui license issue

Post by admin »

Greetings Richard, and welcome to the forum! 8-)

Maybe you have two copies of DGIndexNV.exe on your PC and you use the wrong one to see the machine ID. Make sure there is only one DGIndexNV.exe on your machine. Your machine ID is expected to change when you update to 2050. It should be the last change ever for that motherboard.

Can you please send me an email with a screenshot of your DGIndexNV Help/About dialog, your user ID, and attach the license.txt file that you generated? Thank you, we'll get it going, don't worry.

Two minutes, how's that for response time? :wow:
DAE avatar
Richardcau74

Post by Richardcau74 »

Hello
Thanks for your fast reply, I didn't realize i had to use the new version of DGIndexNV.exe to generate a new license key which they include in the MEGui update, I was using the dgdecnv2048 download i got in my email when i donated, I generated a new key with the new DGIndexNV.exe and it started working again.
Thankyou for your help!
Richard
admin

Post by admin »

That's sweet to hear. The new licensing will be very stable, trust me.