[RESOLVED] Bad license?

Support for problems with license issues for my licensed tools
DAE avatar
mastrboy

[RESOLVED] Bad license?

Post by mastrboy »

Just upgraded from 2052 to 2053 and now avisynth only shows a green screen with the text "Bad License".

The changelog does not mention anything about licensing changes, but I tried to recreate it anyway, but I got the exact same license key back after inputting my user id and machine id.

Any tips to troubleshoot/solve this?
admin

Re: Bad license?

Post by admin »

Maybe you missed item 2 in the Readme.txt file:

2. If you place DGIndexNV.exe and DGDecodeNV.dll in different directories,
you must put a copy of your license file in both directories.

This is a change in 2053 to add licensing checks to DGDecodeNV.dll.

Please help me by telling me how I could do better to communicate things like this. I mean, what more can I do than put it in the Readme?
DAE avatar
mastrboy

Post by mastrboy »

I usually only read the readme.txt the first time I use a new software.

But when I update software, I almost always read the changelog, so maybe put it into the changelog (Changes.txt) for the software as well.

And, copying the license.txt to my avisynth plugin directory worked, but a idea might be to rename license.txt to something like dgdecnv_license.txt in the next release to be more future proof.
(You never know when another avisynth plugin will require a license.txt file in the same directory, and then the user will be at an impasse between those 2 plugins)

Also, you used to update the following thread with each new release: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10 ,which is the first place I checked, so if it isn't too much work perhaps start updating that thread again (Or post a new thread for each release under News.).
DAE avatar
Aleron Ives

Post by Aleron Ives »

You're following the wrong thread. :wow:

You should be following this one:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=463

DG makes a new post every time he updates one of his binaries for any of his tools.
admin

Post by admin »

Thanks, Aleron, I should have mentioned that.

@mastrboy

Good idea about the license.txt name. I'll do it for 2054. If I do it now I'll have a lot of baffled users. :?