[RESOLVED] "Bad license" after donating and fresh install

Support for problems with license issues for my licensed tools
chaank

[RESOLVED] "Bad license" after donating and fresh install

Post by chaank »

Hi Don,

I have just installed a fresh copy of DGDecNV/DGIndexNV build 2053.0.0.175, made my donation yesterday, received your instructions, followed them and have a license.txt in the installation dir.

I can create a .dgi file with DGIndexNV, but when loading the .avs (e.g. in MPC-HC) I only see a black screen with "Bad license" in the upper left corner. What might I have done wrong?

Here's the content of the .avs:

Code: Select all

LoadPlugin("c:\Program Files\DGDecNV\DGDecodeNV.dll")
DGSource("d:\my-4k-video.dgi",fulldepth=true)
Thanks in advance!
admin

Re: "Bad license" after donating and fresh install

Post by admin »

You need to have a copy of the license.txt file in the same directory where DGDecodeNV.dll is located.
chaank

Post by chaank »

CropImage.png
Well, I followed your instructions and that's the case. If you want, I can PM you all the IDs, Codes and numbers...
admin

Post by admin »

Your screenshot does not show what directory that is, so it is useless to me.

Usually when people get this it is because they have another copy of DGDecodeNV.dll laying around somewhere and it is being found first. So search your system (including autoload dirs) and make sure you have only one copy of DGDecodeNV.dll and that a valid license.txt file is there with it.

If DGIndexNV is working then your license file is OK.
chaank

Post by chaank »

Thanks a lot, Don. Indeed I had copied the DGDecodeNV.dll into the "c:\Program Files\AviSynth+\plugins64+\" folder where I keep all the other plugins - just without the license.txt. And since this copy hasn't been loaded into the .avs file, I didn't identify this as the problem.

Well, after deleting the copy everything works fine and I have excellent results.

Thanks again!
admin

Post by admin »

it's a quirk of Avisynth. The plugin dir copy gets used even if the script specifies a different copy.