[RESOLVED] External Drive Bay Affecting Machine ID and Using Up Licenses

Support for problems with license issues for my licensed tools
AYColumbia

[RESOLVED] External Drive Bay Affecting Machine ID and Using Up Licenses

Post by AYColumbia »

Hi,
I wanted to ask about this because it seems like the machine ID shouldn't change. On my media server, I've added a couple external hard drives via USB and I have a standard 2-drive bay (also USB) that I occasionally use to transfer data. These have not affected any of the versions of dgdecnv up to the latest I grabbed near end of August (the 8/11 build I believe).

A couple weeks ago I added an external 5-drive bay that supports RAID. This uses USB as well, however, this box and how it's configured is affecting the machine ID generation as it changes. I've had to use another license once I started using this bay. A few days ago I changed the RAID configuration for better performance as I added another drive and now I have to generate another license because the machine ID is different again.

So am wondering if that's just the way it is or is this something you may be able to address? I believe the licenses gets reset but in case I run out. I also ask because I do have a few drives internally that are failing and will be replaced and may affect the machine ID then too.

I appreciate your time and this tool. Thank you.
---
omay, arrylay, curlyq & associates
Rocky

Re: External Drive Bay Affecting Machine ID and Using Up Licenses

Post by Rocky »

If your motherboard does not have a proper serial number, then I fall back to the HDD system drive serial number. If that changes, then the machine ID changes. I can't do much about that other than to make sure you don't run out of licenses. Also, you can put multiple licenses in your license file and they will be found automatically, so unless you are getting new drives daily, it's probably OK.
AYColumbia

Re: External Drive Bay Affecting Machine ID and Using Up Licenses

Post by AYColumbia »

Thanks for the explanation.
---
omay, arrylay, curlyq & associates