DGDenoise

These CUDA filters are packaged into DGDecodeNV, which is part of DGDecNV.
hydra3333
Moose Approved

Re: DGDenoise

Post by hydra3333 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:30 am

I seem to recall something about a custom avscompat.dll for vapoursynth ... is one needed ?

gonca
Moose Approved

Post by gonca » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:49 am

hydra3333 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:30 am
I seem to recall something about a custom avscompat.dll for vapoursynth ... is one needed ?
For the normal DGIndexNV and DGDecodeNV no
For the CudaSynth versions one will be needed

zybex

Post by zybex » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:56 am

Hello dear Donald.
Thank you for your wonderful plugins and filters, they are really useful and are used by me and many users around the world.

I ask you to refine the filter "DGDenoise", having made separate adjustment of parameters for Luma and Chroma in it, this will allow it to be used much better. In particular, I have the original video files, which for high-quality noise reduction without loss of detail, the current version of the same parameter values ​​for Luma and Chroma in the "DGDenoise" filter is not enough.

The current option for the "DGDenoise" filter looks like this:
DGDenoise (clip c, float strength, float blend, bool chroma, int searchw, int device)

I suggest you create new additional parameters:
L_strength # Luma strength
L_blend # Luma blend
L_searchw # Luma searchw
C_strength # Chroma strength
C_blend # Chroma blend
C_searchw # Chroma searchw

At the same time, it would be nice to make compatibility with the old parameter format so that if the values of the new parameters are not specified (separately for Luma and Chroma), then the old parameters would act if their values are indicated (strength, blend, chroma, searchw).

Now I have to resort to such a trick for separately adjusting the noise reduction parameters for Luma and Chroma:

lumadenoise = DGDenoise(strength=0.10, blend=0.5, chroma=false, searchw=9, device=255)
chromadenoise = DGDenoise(strength=0.12, blend=0, chroma=true, searchw=9, device=255)
lumadenoise.MergeChroma(chromadenoise)

But I would like to achieve the same result by setting the parameters in the "DGDenoise" filter in one line, for 1 time, this would be more correct, convenient and possibly faster.

Rocky
Moose Approved

Post by Rocky » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:05 am

Yes I can do that. There are some other pending enhancement requests. I hope to get to it soon after getting DGDemux with MVC etc. out the door. Thank you for your suggestion and welcome to the forum, zybex!

hydra3333
Moose Approved

Post by hydra3333 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:46 am

:thumbsup:

zybex

Post by zybex » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:32 am

Rocky wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:05 am
Yes I can do that.
OK, thanks.