DGDEMUX and tracks with Delay

DAE avatar
BDgeek2

Post by BDgeek2 »

Hi there!

Upon trying to demux Speed (1994) German/Dutch/French Fox BD, I realized the outputed DTS-HD MA track has a different timestamp from EAC3TO demux.

The EAC3TO readout of the playlist (0001.mpls) scan shows a -8ms on this main DTS-HD MA track. But once demuxed the filename doesn't specify anything about delay.
On the other hand, DGDEMUX doesn't display anything once I select the playlist, but after demuxed the filename carries the DELAY -7ms information.

Decoding the files to W64 and comparing them on Audacity, reveals the EAC3TO is 11ms ahead of the DGDDEMUX one. So my questions is: does DGDEMUX output is the original track delay free while is EAC3TO automatically applying the delay it?

if that's so, I didn't know EAC3TO automatically applied delay whem demuxing even if no specified by the user.

Thanks a lot for any input!
Wonder Woman

Post by Wonder Woman »

DGDemux outputs video and audio streams offset by the indicated delay value.
DAE avatar
BDgeek2

Post by BDgeek2 »

Hi Wonder Woman! Thank you very much!

Pardon my english (not a native speaker) and in my limited understanding the term "offset" had me in doubt. So you mean that the DG output has applied the -7ms specified on the original disc, is that it?
In other words, it's not a sraight demux but a demux with said delay applied, right?

Thanks again, sorry if it all seems so basic.
Wonder Woman

Post by Wonder Woman »

When using the DGDemux-demuxed video you need to apply the indicated delay to achieve audio sync. E.g.,

DelayAudio(-0.07)

However, you can just ignore a 7ms desync if you want to, as it is not perceptible. You could mux the video and audio directly if you wanted to.
DAE avatar
BDgeek2

Post by BDgeek2 »

Clear now! Thanks a lot WW!