TrueHD-AC3 delay in demuxed filenames

DAE avatar
nautilus7

Post by nautilus7 »

Hi, thanks for this great program.

I think I've found a bug.

In TrueHD / AC3 tracks in blu-rays, when there is a delay, it is only added to the TrueHD filename. The embedded AC3 file does not have a delay added to its filename.

Is this by design or is a bug? I think the embedded AC3 tracks should have the delay added to its filename as well. It could be confusing otherwise.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Hello nautilus7. Good to hear from you and thank you for your report. I assumed they must have the same delay and so you could get the delay from the THD file. But I will look into this tomorrow. I can't remember offhand if the streams are in different PES packets with possibly different timestamps. Even if they are the same it is reasonable to also write it in the AC3 file name.
DAE avatar
nautilus7

Post by nautilus7 »

Aren't they interleaved, being effectively one stream? My understanding is they must have the same delay. Thanks.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Yes, the streams are interleaved in one PID. However, even if it is one stream (i.e., one PID) it is still packetized so theoretically the packets carrying the starts for the THD and AC3 could carry different timestamps. For example, theoretically the AC3 or THD could start several seconds into the stream. Accordingly, I have coded this locally so it will work in such cases, rather than simply copying over the delay from the THD, so look for a slipstream later today.

Straight up, you're right, it was a bug. :oops:
DAE avatar
nautilus7

Post by nautilus7 »

Great, thanks.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Marking resolved as this has been implemented for both the windows and the linux versions.