New special mpls structure

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Got subs fixed. Now to test all 63 disks again to verify my theory that this change should be harmless for typical disks and beneficial for atypical ones.

Bonus: I got tired of always having to copy new test builds of DGDemux to the DGDemuxGUI folder to test things. On a lark I googled for "windows symbolic link" and voila, I found mklink. It works great. I had to run CMD in administrator mode to do it, whereas they say it works for non-admin accounts. Whatever, it works!
DAE avatar
DelBoy83

Post by DelBoy83 »

I think it's a good idea that your planning on honouring all in/out timed on all disks by default. I've had several movies which have garbage at the beginning and at the end which is a nightmare when demuxing. When this is implemented would I still have to remove first m2ts and last m2ts for them type of movies or would this new strict playlist override that? I had one movie where the video stopped but was still playing for another minute which I presume was the audio track carrying on, would this -sp option make the movie stop at the right time?
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

DelBoy83 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:06 am
I think it's a good idea that your planning on honouring all in/out timed on all disks by default. I've had several movies which have garbage at the beginning and at the end which is a nightmare when demuxing.
There are two ways you can have the starting/ending garbage. 1) It's in the same M2TSs as the actual content but outside the in and out times of the M2TSs. 2) It's in separate M2TS files.

Previously, you could have used -sp for case 1 (if it wasn't broken). The fixed -sp in the latest version would be fine for that. The per-clip honoring would not affect things when only the start and end of the movie are affected. Moving to per-clip was motivated by other cases.
When this is implemented would I still have to remove first m2ts and last m2ts for them type of movies or would this new strict playlist override that? I had one movie where the video stopped but was still playing for another minute which I presume was the audio track carrying on, would this -sp option make the movie stop at the right time?
That is case 2 where the extra stuff is in separate M2TS(s). That is not the same as case 1. So, for such cases, you would still need to skip the M2TS(s).

Summary: Case 1 will be handled automatically. Case 2 will require user intervention (skip first/last).
DAE avatar
DelBoy83

Post by DelBoy83 »

I get what your saying - the extra m2ts files on some playlists are the garbage/black frames and on some the garbage is part of the same m2ts. I have a movie which has 2 m2ts files, 1, being the movie and 2, a second of black frame. Would it be best for me to remove the 1sec m2ts or would it be fine to keep. Also I had a movie which was the worst I've encountered with just 1 m2ts file with garbage at the beginning and end. I tried cutting with losslesscut but kept on getting pixelation at the start with the finished cut. Would you know the reason behind this?
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

DelBoy83 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:50 am
I have a movie which has 2 m2ts files, 1, being the movie and 2, a second of black frame. Would it be best for me to remove the 1sec m2ts or would it be fine to keep.
You could keep it if: 1) you don't mind the extra second of black, and 2) the black M2TS also has 1 second of audio. If 2) is not true then audio sync will be ruined. For that reason I recommend always skipping the M2TS.
Also I had a movie which was the worst I've encountered with just 1 m2ts file with garbage at the beginning and end. I tried cutting with losslesscut but kept on getting pixelation at the start with the finished cut. Would you know the reason behind this?
I'm not familiar with that app. Probably it is broken. But you don't need that stuff. Just select -sp using the latest version. If that does not work for you, please post about it in a new thread.

P.S. There's no need for fully quoting a post directly above yours. I have removed it.
DAE avatar
DelBoy83

Post by DelBoy83 »

Ok thank you, I'll certainly give it a try and report back. Also you said -sp will be set to default, will I still have to select -sp like you said above?
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

As I mentioned, there is no -sp in the new stuff. There is -ignorepl. By default ignorepl is off, which is the same as giving the old -sp. If you give -ignorepl, that is the same as not giving -sp in the old stuff. With the new version, the defaults will do what you want.

You can't give the new stuff a try because it is not yet available. Use the latest released version and give -sp.
DAE avatar
DelBoy83

Post by DelBoy83 »

Ok I'll use the latest version and wait until new version is available. Thank you Rocky
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Great, thank you. Please post a separate thread if you run into any issues with -sp.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Here's a test version of the revised demuxing support honoring per clip windows:

https://rationalqm.us/misc/DGDemux_1.0.0.73_test.rar

We have to test this thoroughly so please try to break it.
hubblec4

Post by hubblec4 »

Rocky, you are a genius.
00006.mpls, the streams have after demuxing exactly the same length like MTX muxed the MKV.
hubblec4

Post by hubblec4 »

DelBoy83 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:50 am
Would it be best for me to remove the 1sec m2ts or would it be fine to keep. ...
You should always remove such small m2ts files.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Oh, thank you.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

hubblec4 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:56 pm
You should ever remove such small m2ts files.
Possible language issue here because that is not standard English. Probably you mean "always remove".
hubblec4

Post by hubblec4 »

I corrected.

----
And for me is it fine when you mark this issue as resolved.

Now it is my part to upgrade cE.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

It was a fun problem. Thank you for bringing it to me. Marking resolved.
Sherman

Post by Sherman »

If you couldnta fixed it I woulda.
Sherman Peabody
Director of Linux Development
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Please re-download the test version. I fixed two bugs, both with skip first (-sf) handling:

* It was using the wrong windows with -sf.
* It was getting hidden stream marking wrong with -sf.

We have to test this thoroughly so please try to break it. I've got 30 more disks to test. ;)
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Temporarily withdrawn for further repairs.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

OK, pretty sure I got it right now. The latest problem was that if audio was seen before video, the DELAY value written in the file name was wrong. That would typically happen when -sf was given.

I have one disk NOSTALGHIA, which has windows on all three M2TSs and requires -sf and -sl, so it really tested things. It's working fine.

Please re-download:

This is the problem that keeps on giving. :D
hubblec4

Post by hubblec4 »

In my first small tests there is no error.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Sweet. I'm considering this to be a release candidate.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Last call, boys and girls. I'm gonna release this tonight unless I hear something bad.
hubblec4

Post by hubblec4 »

Many thanks Rocky for the new release.
I hope Sherman can do an upgrade for Linux and then I can provide a new cE version.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

I'll sic the boy on it. Get 'em!