DGDemux development

Rocky

Re: DGDemux development

Post by Rocky »

Thank you, renols. Fixes need to be retrofitted. I plan to do it within a few days. This is what is pending:

* Suppress video filler NALUs for AVC. Not too common.

* Gaps processing for DTS. You need lots of M2TS files in the playlist to notice desync.

* Option to not split THD+AC3 audio.

The skip first/last is not needed as you can use File/Open and just delete the unwanted M2TS files from the list. Force FPS is a hack that should never be needed. It affects gaps processing only. DGIndexNV is really good at detecting the frame rate, thanks to NVDec/CUVID parsing. DGDemux uses my own parsing which I haven't shaken down thoroughly yet. I've never seen it fail but if it does, you have a way to set it manually. That could be removed. Angles are already supported with a prompt when the MPLS is opened in DGIndexNV.

I will keep the two apps in sync functionality-wise and bug-fix-wise.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

@renols

Do you have disks with plain vanilla DTS and DTS HDHR (not DTS HDMA)? I need to test those.
DAE avatar
renols

Post by renols »

Rocky wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:19 pm
@renols

Do you have disks with plain vanilla DTS and DTS HDHR (not DTS HDMA)? I need to test those.
I am not at home right now. But when I get home tomorrow, I will have a look. I think that most of the disks I have will be DTS-MA or TrueHD.

I'll get back to you.

renols
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Thank you, renols!
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

You did not know my father was Count Dracula?! That nonsense about me getting expelled from college for subversive activities in cemetary is fake news. Spread that nonsense and I will drink your blood, suck you dry. Oh, don't forget I am former Miss Transylvania. Check out avatar, honey.
admin

Post by admin »

Stay on topic, Natasha, or I will give you a spanking you will never forget.
Boris

Post by Boris »

Forum Mr. Big is harassing lady. Shameful!

Tashie, remember when we got busted for throwing rocks at Girl Scouts? This forum Mr. Big is asking for it. Moose and squirrel can wait. Russian hackers can destroy this place in seconds. After that we interfere in elections and give them fake Indian. How! :twisted:
Bullwinkle

Post by Bullwinkle »

Get in touch with Shifty Schiff, Comrade! Don't forget, moose can kill. Want some?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN0eb1HwRIM

We've given out lots of free DGDemux/DGDemuxGUI licenses. Guess who's not getting one. ................. [r0lZ]

Happy Thanksgiving!
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Here is a small update with GUI improvements:

* Added a decorative banner to the GUI. [Boris]

* Added a minimize button to the GUI. [redbtn]

* In the GUI, defaulted the output directory to the current directory. [redbtn]

* GUI layout tweaking. [Rocky]

http://rationalqm.us/dgdemux/DGDemux_1007.rar

GUI is good enough for now. Returning to functionality issues for DGDemux.
DAE avatar
renols

Post by renols »

renols wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:46 pm
Rocky wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:19 pm
@renols

I am not at home right now. But when I get home tomorrow, I will have a look. I think that most of the disks I have will be DTS-MA or TrueHD.

I'll get back to you.

renols
I have now had the time to look through several of the disks I have. As I expected none of them have pure DTS though. They all have DTS-MA.

renols
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Thanks for the report!
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Here is DGDemux/DGDemuxGUI 1.0.0.8:

* Added a new option -nsthd (no split THD audio) and corresponding GUI option. When this option is given,
THD audio with embedded AC3 will not be split into separate streams. Note that gaps correction for the
embedded AC3 stream is done only when the streams are separated. This option was added to allow
demuxing of THD audio that is compatible with TSMuxer. [von Suppé]

* Further GUI tweaks, including sound effect on completion of demuxing.

* Updated the user manual and to-do list.

http://rationalqm.us/dgdemux/DGDemux_1008.rar
DAE avatar
zqslzwzw

Post by zqslzwzw »

I have tested toy.story.4 of both the UHD and 3D (2K) disks, and find two possible problems. One is regard to disk IO performance and the other is regard to DTSMA audio.
1. The IO performance problem of the extracted files of both the two disks: I set the output location to HDD disk. After a demuxing is finished, if I try to move or copy the extracted files to another HDD or SSD (with the file explorer of windows 10), the maximum speed is merely about 1-6 M/s in the whole move/copy progress and the source HDD is fully occupied (No other program and operation). However, another move/copy of these files behave as normal speed at about 100 M/s as long as they have been moved ever. So, it seems that these extracted files are written as disk fragmentation. If so, could you please improve the disk IO performance?
2. The extracted DTSMA audio of the 3D disk behave abnormally: The 3D disk has a DTSMA stream, a DTS high Resolution stream, a True-HD stream, and so on in turn. Both the 1st and the 3rd are demuxed perfectly (Their duration is 1:40:03 which is in consistence with the original video stream), whereas the duration of the extracted audio file of 2nd one (DTS high Resolution) is 1:21:00. By contrast, tsmuxer and mkvtoolnix behave much better when demux this stream as their extracted files by them are with the duration of only 1:40:05. As the source disk is with the size of 43.5GB, how can I provide further useful information?
Attachments
Untitled-2.png
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Thank you for your report.

I/O performance is already on my to-do list. In the meantime, use an SSD. ;) Regarding your second point, please give me a link to purchase the exact same disk you use. Then I can investigate.

Welcome to the forum!
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Please re-download 1.0.0.8 if you have already downloaded. Bullwinkle added a little surprise that happens after demuxing finishes. Or just hit Abort.
Bullwinkle

Post by Bullwinkle »

Greetings, lovers of all things cerebral. Moose high-level thinking beckons!

This looks perfect for reducing fragmentation without a total redesign:

https://devblogs.microsoft.com/oldnewth ... 0/?p=93875

Each stream output file could effectively have (say) a 1GB file system buffer managed by the OS. Sure, buffering could be done inside DG code using RAM (which could be severely limited), but why not use the OS file system, which is not limited by RAM?

Did you know moose hooves are razor sharp? Like my intellect. People call me intellectual.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Wow, Bullwinkle, you're on a roll. C'mon, let's go. Whee!
DAE avatar
zqslzwzw

Post by zqslzwzw »

Rocky wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:13 am
Thank you for your report.

I/O performance is already on my to-do list. In the meantime, use an SSD. ;) Regarding your second point, please give me a link to purchase the exact same disk you use. Then I can investigate.

Welcome to the forum!
Thank you for your nice project. I am anxious to see perfect DGDemux and willing to report my test results on the BD disks at hand.

The correlated 3D disk, whose extracted DTS audio by DGDemux behaves abnormally , is a DIY one and released by hobbyist on private tracker to research on. Itself can be played without finding any problem. And I just have found that eac3to, tsmuxer and mkvtoolnix actually can perfectly demux the correlated DTS High Resolution audio stream without duration error.

Could you go to that private track to obtain this source? If you do not have its account, I am pleased to invite you as long as you are willing to be and agree with its rule.
redbtn

Post by redbtn »

Bullwinkle it looks very good! Your intellect is razor sharp!
Bullwinkle

Post by Bullwinkle »

Thank you, redbtn, and welcome to the forum! We are so lucky to have a high-level thinker like yourself, even if hoomin. Some of my best friends are hoomin. Nobody calls me hoomin!

Managed to add the file preallocation but need someone to test it and see if it actually improves performance and/or fragmentation. Here is the test version. Your testing will be appreciated.

http://rationalqm.us/misc/DGDemux_test.rar

Preallocation amounts:

video 50GB
each audio 5GB
each sup 1GB

Ran it on HOBBS and things looked fine to me.

BTW, next release will allow you to disable sound, or replace it with a moose snorting!
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

zqslzwzw wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:26 am
Could you go to that private track to obtain this source? If you do not have its account, I am pleased to invite you as long as you are willing to be and agree with its rule.
We've been looking for DTS HDHR streams so this would help both of us. If I gave you an FTP would you be able to upload it there? We don't do torrents.
DAE avatar

Post by Guest »

Test version
Movie Unforgiven 2:10 approximately
Video
Demux time between the two versions is about the same (1:50 to 1:55)
Test version appears to be contiguous
Normal version is highly fragmented
Results look good
Bullwinkle

Post by Bullwinkle »

That's moose-ik to my ears, gonca! Thank you for your testing. If we had ranks here, you'd be promoted to high-level thinker. Maybe even Honorary Moose.

Didn't expect performance gains but hoped for less fragmentation, so...mission accomplished. Snort!
redbtn

Post by redbtn »

Testing Test version in progress.
Sometimes I have some glitches
Attachments
FS - 2019-12-01--21-58-16.png
Bullwinkle

Post by Bullwinkle »

redbtn, don't move the dialog while operations are pending. Rocky will fix it at some point. Some kind of Windows deficiency. More interested in the fragmentation results.

Cuz hoomins are asking...

Bullwinkle: High-level thinker, architect, and visionary for DG tools. The brains of the operation!
Rocky (mod): Chief coder and debugger for DG tools. Industrious and occasionally has interesting ideas.
admin (mod): Dumbass that takes care of forum admin and legal stuff. Known to harass people for no reason.
Boris and Natasha: Russian spies. Don't fall for the gold coins and counseling scams! Natasha will drink your blood.

Hey, gonca, what happened to your avatar? Come back with a great one. Snort! Oh, and how do you measure fragmentation? Mark Russinovich's contig works very well. Such a great body of work from Mark. Moose salutations!