Girls and boys! Rocky
gave me permission to release an alpha test version of the fast mode implementation, so here it is:
http://rationalqm.us/dgdemux/binaries/D ... t_test.rar
0) To run in fast mode, hold down the left SHIFT key when pressing the Show or Demux buttons. If you use DGDemux.exe directly, include the option '-fast'.
1) I haven't found an efficient way yet to do filler NALU stripping for AVC video, so you will see a difference (which is inconsequential) between the demuxed video in slow and fast mode in this case. The fast code simply processes transport packets one-by-one and has no concept of anything that spans multiple packets (such as NALUs); that's what makes it so fast.
2) All other streams should be bit identical in slow and fast mode.
3) All file names should be the same between slow and fast modes, so change the output name if you want to do both ways to compare (without leaving the GUI).
4) Garbage stripping is not yet implemented.
This is the hardest thing
I ever did, including laying floors and installing appliances, so I mighta goofed something up. Your testing and feedback will be greatly appreciated. Enjoy!
and I are off to visit Albert Einstein
again, as there are some loose ends regarding Lorenz invariance I want to clear up, and I want to persuade him to join the forum. See ya in a while!