DGDemux development

Bullwinkle

Re: DGDemux development

Post by Bullwinkle »

Your best play is to complete the upload and wait for Rocky's analysis.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

If it is just a system locale issue, then likely we can fix that. But you better stop slagging us off at other forums, if you want us to work free to solve your problems.

Please tell us what is the system locale setting that you use, which you expect to work with your files. Regarding your claimed AV desync, please give the MPLS that you use, and the demuxed audio stream that you claim is out of sync. If you want us to work quickly, please don't take 3 days to give the answers.
DAE avatar

Post by Guest »

If I may interject regarding different stream sizes and possible desync
Took a BD folder that is on HDD, this is a professionally authored disc, i.e. a "Hollywood" movie
Main mpls is 00800.mpls
Run Mediainfo on said playlist
sample.txt
(33.26 KiB) Downloaded 495 times
and this is a summary of relevant numbers
summary.txt
(219 Bytes) Downloaded 474 times
or
film 1 h 54 min 53 s 928 ms
video 1 h 54 min 53 s 929 ms
Audio 1 1 h 54 min 53 s 920 ms
Audio 2 1 h 54 min 53 s 931 ms
Audio 3 1 h 54 min 53 s 931 ms
Audio 4 1 h 54 min 53 s 931 ms
Audio 5 1 h 54 min 53 s 952 ms
Note the streams have different lengths, no demuxer used, no desync issues, timings from folder structure with Mediainfo applied to mpls
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Yeah, I don't know why he is making such a big deal out of it. When his upload is complete I will test whether there is any desync.
DAE avatar

Post by Guest »

It is also a single m2ts file
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

@zqslzwzw

I want to sort out your desync claims first before addressing the system locale matter. You have claimed "severe desync". However, I used DGDemux to demux everything and then I used mkvtoolnix to mux the English DTS MA stream and the video stream. The resulting MKV plays in sync throughout the movie. Please explain how you observe "severe desync".

Also, please tell your exact system locale definition.
DAE avatar
zqslzwzw

Post by zqslzwzw »

Rocky wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:17 pm
If it is just a system locale issue, then likely we can fix that. But you better stop slagging us off at other forums, if you want us to work free to solve your problems.

Please tell us what is the system locale setting that you use, which you expect to work with your files. Regarding your claimed AV desync, please give the MPLS that you use, and the demuxed audio stream that you claim is out of sync. If you want us to work quickly, please don't take 3 days to give the answers.
Rocky wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:58 pm
@zqslzwzw

I want to sort out your desync claims first before addressing the system locale matter. You have claimed "severe desync". However, I used DGDemux to demux everything and then I used mkvtoolnix to mux the English DTS MA stream and the video stream. The resulting MKV plays in sync throughout the movie. Please explain how you observe "severe desync".

Also, please tell your exact system locale definition.
Any way, sorry for my silly post at another forum where I mention DGDemux. I have thought I am a volunteer here and there, who spend his free time a lot and contribute to these project in another form. I feel upset as you claimed I am slagging your work. In fact, I really appreciate your great talent and this great project and have removed the related statement.

The needed information is being prepared. Please allow for my limited bandwidth, and the time zone difference. Thank you.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Thank you. I'll edit my post too. Don't see why you need to prepare telling me what your system locale is set to and which track you think has desync problems, but OK. I could be working on this right now if you simply told me those things.

EDIT: I can't edit my post because you quoted it. ;) Anyway, I gave you some ideas for getting started.
DAE avatar
zqslzwzw

Post by zqslzwzw »

Rocky wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:23 pm
Thank you. I'll edit my post too. Don't see why you need to prepare telling me what your system locale is set to and which track you think has desync problems, but OK. I could be working on this right now if you simply told me those things.

EDIT: I can't edit my post because you quoted it. ;) Anyway, I gave you some ideas for getting started.
Actually I do not know how to check the locale setting and I have to do some research. I want to report exact information to save your time. Besides, my English is so poor that I have to turn to Google Translation frequently. Moreover, I still have some urgent work to deal with.
Never mind the previous posts, it's OK.

1. The locale is (I think it is the setting of 'Language for non-Unicode programs'): Chinese (simplified, China).

2. I am shame that I cannot duplicate the AV desync phenomenon. It must be some mistakes have been made by me. I am sorry to waste your analysis.
The rough progress I found and reported AV desync:
demux
-> mux the obtained audio streams and the video stream of another decosded mkv which is authorized by 'WiKi', found AV out of sync
-> package all the audio streams to mka file
-> play the original disk, drag these mka file and then listen to it, finding AV still out of sync
-> play the above decoded version, drag these mka file and then listen to it, finding AV still out of sync
-> try other tools, making no difference
-> check all the duration of the these audio streams
-> ask question here (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=793&start=160#p10409, viewtopic.php?f=16&t=793&start=160#p10417)
-> check again (but not totally repeat all the above procedures)
-> report 'bug' here with deficient confidence (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=793&start=170#p10422)

Hope that you don't mind I continue to report suspicious problem here.
DAE avatar
Sharc

Post by Sharc »

Hi,
Would it make sense to add the language identifier to the 'xxxxx PID yyyy embedded.ac3' extracted core filename, like 'xxxxx PID yyyy embedded eng.ac3', for example ?
Convenient luxury, I know.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

rack04 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:38 pm
Nit pick comment but could you change the try icon? I would like to have both DGDecNV and DGDemux in my taskbar without having to guess which is which. Thanks and great work.
Hello, rack04, so good to see you! Too much DG goodness, whoever would have thought it would be a problem? Well, here's the thing. That is the DG brand icon. And it is so easy to mouse over the icons to see what they are. Nevertheless, I am open to suggestions, maybe multiple versions of the same base icon?
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Sharc wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:41 am
Hi,
Would it make sense to add the language identifier to the 'xxxxx PID yyyy embedded.ac3' extracted core filename, like 'xxxxx PID yyyy embedded eng.ac3', for example ?
Convenient luxury, I know.
It's a valid point. I'll add it to my list. Thing is though, all the language info is in the MPLS, but it doesn't specify anything about embedded AC3s. Probably it must be the same language as the parent audio, so I could just copy it over.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

zqslzwzw wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:59 pm
1. The locale is (I think it is the setting of 'Language for non-Unicode programs'): Chinese (simplified, China).
Cool, thank you. I figured it was Chinese but then I saw several different codepages for Chinese. I'm going to set up one of my backup PCs as Chinese for a while and try to sort this out for you. It should be (easily?) fixable.
2. I am shame that I cannot duplicate the AV desync phenomenon. It must be some mistakes have been made by me. I am sorry to waste your analysis.
The rough progress I found and reported AV desync:
The process does seem rather convoluted and when bringing in other tools things become difficult. Best to keep it as simple as possible.
Hope that you don't mind I continue to report suspicious problem here.
Well if you stop making these valuable reports, moose could get mad. You don't want to deal with a mad moose!
:bravo:
DAE avatar

Post by Guest »

Possible bug with mpeg2 video
I have tried 3 different BDs with mpeg2 video, and DGDemux seems to be having an issue
I open the demuxed video in DGIndexNV and it shows two horizontal lines (actually, every media player shows the same lines, just in different colours)
If I demux with DGIndexNV all is well
Untitled.png
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Hmm, interesting. Any chance you can upload some files or point me to the disk? Meanwhile I will try with a bluray I have that is MPEG2. Thanks for pointing it out.
DAE avatar

Post by Guest »

I used DGIndexNV to create a trimmed m2ts of the movie
Put it thru TsMuxer to recreate the BD structure
It is being uploaded now
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Never mind. I already fixed it. :D

Silly me, I was not conditioning the filler NALU discarding on video type AVC. Oops.

I'll probably make a DGDemux release right now and a DGDecNV release tomorrow. Both are affected.

Thanks so much, gonca, for pointing this out. Really bad oopsie on my part.
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Happy Birthday, Rocky! We can celebrate together. You won't regret, if you wake up.

your wish my command,
Natasha
DAE avatar

Post by Guest »

Both are affected and yet DGIndexNV demuxes what appears to be a good mpeg file
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Natasha, no!

Here is version 1.0.0.11:

* Fixed regression for demuxing MPEG2 video.

http://rationalqm.us/dgdemux/DGDemux_1.0.0.11.rar
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

gonca wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:27 pm
Both are affected and yet DGIndexNV demuxes what appears to be a good mpeg file
You must have an earlier version of DGIndexNV.
DAE avatar

Post by Guest »

Yes, I am on slipstream 191, been meaning to update to the latest release
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Better hold off until 195 tomorrow. I'm swilling Brut right now, so that's it for today.

Thank you so much for this trouble report, gonca. You're saving our asses. Hoo-yah. :lol:
redbtn

Post by redbtn »

Happy Birthday, Rocky!
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Thank you, redbtn.

@zqslzwzw

I have your system locale issue fixed on my Chinese PC. :D I'll port it back to The Beast and make a release.