Tornado!

Bullwinkle

Tornado!

Post by Bullwinkle »

Seen to the west of us and heading straight for us. I'll stomp it out. All PCs unplugged. We're sheltering with Sweetie Pie in the bathtub. She is freaked out.
Bullwinkle

Tornado!

Post by Bullwinkle »

It passed by a mile north of us. Praying for the Palatine area. Will report when I know more.
Bullwinkle

Tornado!

Post by Bullwinkle »

We had one apartment building lose it's roof closer to the lake, and a plane got flipped over at our local airport, but nobody got hurt.

As if that is not bad enough, it's 97 degF at 80% humidity today and the start cap on our AC condenser unit popped, so the compressor won't start. We like to fix things ourselves so gotta wait a few days for a new cap to arrive. Both days will have the same weather. Argggh! Sweetie Pie is pissed.
DAE avatar
Guest 2

Tornado!

Post by Guest 2 »

Sorry for any injured people.

I always asked myself why USA people keep on building "paper" houses instead of solid concrete, such as in Europe.
Bullwinkle

Tornado!

Post by Bullwinkle »

Duh, it's cheaper!

It was projected to 97 deg F today with high humidity and we couldn't inflict that on Sweetie Pie, So DG kindly drove me an hour's drive to a parts supplier and we got the caps. I just put them in and we are cooling again! Side benefit: the compressor is running much quieter. Good for snoozing.

Correction: it was the run cap that blew up. It was supposed to be 30 uF but measured 0. And it was leaking its castor oil. No more PCBs these days.
Rocky

Tornado!

Post by Rocky »

We're all still alive and the AC is running fine. So I'll mark this resolved.