My Latest QM Paper

admin

My Latest QM Paper

Post by admin »

I published a new QM paper:

http://arxiv.org/abs/1404.4329

If anyone wants to talk about it, that would be cool. I wanted to say cosmic, but maybe it's an exaggeration?!
laserfan

Re: My Latest QM Paper

Post by laserfan »

Yikes DG I tried to read it, but got stuck on PDF. Izzis Probability Density Function?

It did remind me of my college physics...thanks for that!
admin

Post by admin »

Yes, that is correct. Some level of basic understanding of physics and statistics is assumed. As long as you didn't find anything grossly stupid in it I am happy. Thanks for taking a look.

Love your avatar! You are a fine looking kitteh. Funny, my first paper on QM was written as a Socratic dialog between two cats, but the journal made me ditch that and go for a more academic presentation. :(
laserfan

Post by laserfan »

Actually, my avatar is of Charley, a female we found as a kitten in our Greenhouse some 5 years ago now. I've managed to tame her and her sister pretty well. Their brother disappeared only months after we had them all neutered (and released to the "wild").

Some day I will tell you the story my prof told back at UofWi-Madison (Physics 443 circa 1969) about the importance of rough estimates before attempting any complex formulas, involving Enrico Fermi and the first atomic bomb blast.

EDIT: Bah, with the Internet there is nothing sacred any more. I remember sitting in lecture laughing at this when prof told it.

http://www.technologyreview.com/view/42 ... stimation/
admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the edit. It's an exiting read.