Site URL changing

admin

Site URL changing

Post by admin »

My site URL is changing from "neuron2.net" to "rationalqm.us". Please update your links. "neuron2.net" will be redirected for some time but I can't guarantee that any links other than the main page will work properly if you access them directly.
DAE avatar
Sharc

Re: Site URL changing

Post by Sharc »

Hi Donald

I just read some surprising news in the doom9 forum.
Of course we respect your decision and I want to thank you here for all your most valuable contributions, great tools and help over many years. Where would we be without you resuming and further developing jackei's DVD2AVI??
Now the hope remains that you will continue to support and develop your software under this new setup.....

Thanks again and best wishes
Sharc
admin

Post by admin »

Hello Sharc. Thank you for your kind words. I do plan to continue development and support of my tools, and will continue to appreciate and thank my users for their contributions in testing, suggesting features, and referring me to resources.

I would also welcome any ideas for this forum. There's really no reason to restrict it rigidly to DG tool support. On the other hand, a proliferation of forums with similar subjects is probably not a good idea.
laserfan

Post by laserfan »

I was thunderstruck to learn of your retirement but thankfully this only lasted for a very few minutes until I tried again this board and here you are explaining things. I am glad to know also that it is "only" that and not health (or legal!!!) problems. I join Sharc in wishing you all the best, and I support you in your efforts to extricate yourself from any/all things that may weigh you down. Life is too short...

As for this forum, if I were you I would [continue to] allow only, or at least primarily, discussions relating directly to the use of your tools. Or your physics white papers. Or your philosophies on life. Or whatever-the-heck makes you happy.

Your tools and expertise have certainly enriched my life these last, what, maybe almost 10 years now that I got into video stuff in my retirement. Geezers like me need brain-challenging hobbies to keep us from becoming Old Fogies!

Thanks for not disappearing DG--though I'd not have blamed you if you had...

:)
DAE avatar
Aleron Ives

Post by Aleron Ives »

I'm glad you'll be sticking around here, as your tools are an invaluable resource for video enthusiasts. Thank you for continuing to maintain them, even if "the fray" at Doom9 has become too arduous.

Regarding the first post, do you mean to say that the URL will become "rationalqm.us"? The main neuron2.net domain currently redirects to that URL for me, but "rationalqm.net" does not resolve, at least with my DNS server.
DAE avatar
DynamicSounds

Post by DynamicSounds »

Hi Donald,

I just want to say thanks for all the hard work over at Doom9, your presence will be missed (some immature people always seem to ruin it for everyone). I'm glad to hear you'll continue development and support through this forum. Once again thank you.
admin

Post by admin »

Thank you, Gentlemen, for the kind words of support. Know that they are what keeps me going, and keeps me happy to share my modest efforts.

And thank you, Aleron, for correcting my URL error. I have edited the first post. The re-directed domain neuron2.net will remain in place for the foreseeable future.

Onward and upward!
DAE avatar

Post by Guest »

Good luck and thanks for your hard work DG.
Maybe you could call yourself neuron007 and nobody would realize its you. :)
admin

Post by admin »

You funny guy! :lol:
DAE avatar

Post by Guest »

Good to see you haven't lost your sense of humor over the VideoHelp issue
admin

Post by admin »

Life without humor would be worse than Hell. Glad you appreciated it.

OK, I am off to the pool for my evening workout. C u l8r.
DAE avatar
sparktank

Post by sparktank »

Wow. I didn't know how serious things were.

At least you have this place. Updating my bookmarks and glad to hear progress is continuing at your Fortress of Solitude. :)
When I found out the site changed, I wasn't entirely sure that the DGdecNV would still be working.
Alas, I'm still able to index and play with editing to me own heart's content.

I have been - and always shall be - your friend. :)
Nvidia GeForce GT 1030 | GPU Caps Viewer
Windows 10 Annversary (x64) | ASVPlus_x64
Region A/R1
admin

Post by admin »

Thank you, sparktank! I appreciate and return your sentiments.

Although have to say, I'm a bit envious of your GTX750. :cry: