Windows Server 2008 R2 and GT 240

Anything related to video and my tools that is not a support request.
DAE avatar
ramicio

Windows Server 2008 R2 and GT 240

Post by ramicio »

I am piecing together parts for a file server / encoding machine. I wanted to use the GT 240...they don't have drivers for Windows Server 2008 R2 x64. I have seen snippets around saying people used Windows 7 drivers, but no comment on CUDA/PureVideo support. I NEED CUDA/PureVideo support for DGDecNV. If nothing like this will work, will Quadro cards work with DGDecNV? They have CUDA but don't seem to be labeled for PureVideo, and they also barely have strong hardware versus price compared to the GeForce line. I don't need a workstation card. I want to use Server 2008 R2 because Windows 7 sucks for networking.
admin

Re: Windows Server 2008 R2 and GT 240

Post by admin »

You'll have to ask Nvidia about this. I don't know anything about drivers for Windows Server 2008 R2.
DAE avatar
ramicio

Post by ramicio »

I asked them more than a week ago and have got no reply. Obviously they don't think I'm serious about my inquiry. I wanted to see if other people here had any input.
DAE avatar
ramicio

Post by ramicio »

I hope it works. If not I will just use XP x64 instead.
admin

Post by admin »

Quadro and Tesla have Windows Server support and are CUDA enabled.
DAE avatar
ramicio

Post by ramicio »

They are too expensive of a card for the features I don't need. I don't even need a video card in reality, I just like to be able to decode any video stream from a Blu-ray with hardware instead of software.

Hardware doesn't need to support software, software supports hardware. Any piece of software can support any piece of hardware that can connect to a computer. It's monopoly behavior that nVidia requires people to spend >$500 on a card just because of their choice of OS, when they can simply write some drivers. I'm not in the business sector, this is for personal use. Even for personal use, Microsoft's desktop OSes that they make anymore don't do what I need them to for even simple personal use.