Where to use the DGI files?

Anything related to video and my tools that is not a support request.
DAE avatar
subpardaemon

Where to use the DGI files?

Post by subpardaemon »

Hi,

First and foremost sorry if this has been asked before (guess it was), but I hit a wall and you can probably help me.

I'm using DGIndexNV (I'm a registered user) to preprocess TV-rips from my DVB-C STB. Since I'm from Hungary, channels either come in H.264 AVC encoding (for HD channels and some SD channels) or MPEG2 (for SD channels). So far, no problem, DGIndexNV works without a glitch in helping me cut the fat from the beginning and the end, and demuxing the audio, and of course preparing the DGI file.

And at this stage, I'm stuck.

I want to encode these files with x.264, in an mp4 container (these are rare old Hungarian films and TV serials, and I want to archive them), SD to 480p and HD to 720p. A long time ago, I've been using the whole Gordian Knot shebang for transcoding TV rips (from an analogue source), but since I don't want AVI, that no longer works for me.

So, my question is: what apps (on Win7 32/64bit) do I need to move forward? I need to do the following:
- encode the audio to aac (optional)
- apply deinterlace (or do I do it in DGIndexNV?)
- resize and crop the image
- drive the x.264 encoder for a two-pass encoding
- pack the whole thing into an mp4 container

I have [removed], but that obviously does not open DGI files... (too bad, because it could do almost everything else).

Thanks in advance for the information.
admin

Re: Where to use the DGI files?

Post by admin »

DGI files are usable only by DGDecodeNV (and recently DGDecodeIM) by means of an Avisynth script. Maybe your application can open Avisynth scripts?
subpardaemon wrote: So, my question is: what apps (on Win7 32/64bit) do I need to move forward? I need to do the following:
- encode the audio to aac (optional)
My tool is a video decoder and I support only my own tools here at this forum. I recommend you join and post at the Videohelp forum for broader questions like this.
- apply deinterlace (or do I do it in DGIndexNV?)
- resize and crop the image
You can do these both either on the Nvidia GPU or in your Avisynth script. Please refer to the documentation.
- drive the x.264 encoder for a two-pass encoding
- pack the whole thing into an mp4 container
Please post at Videohelp with such questions. I hang there and many others will be happy to help you too.
DAE avatar
subpardaemon

Post by subpardaemon »

Thanks, I will do it there. Do you have any suggestions which topic should I choose?

Also, do you have any utilities that could create an avisynth script from the project files?
admin

Post by admin »

subpardaemon wrote:Thanks, I will do it there. Do you have any suggestions which topic should I choose?
The Avisynth Usage forum will be fine. But you may also want to consider Newbies if you are somewhat inexperienced.
Also, do you have any utilities that could create an avisynth script from the project files?
The simplest is to use a text editor as described in the DGDecNV Quick Start Guide in the section "What is This Index File and What Do I Do with It?"

DGIndexNV can create the script when you save the project. Please refer to the documentation for details.