DGDecIM section

Anything related to video and my tools that is not a support request.
Zathor
Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member

Re: DGDecIM section

Post by Zathor » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:24 pm

No popup anymore - thanks!
Now it is time to integrate it. May need a while as I am not so fast as you are :(

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:09 pm

Zathor wrote: I am not so fast as you are :(
I'm not so sure about that. It's just that now that I am retired I can jump on things right away. No boss telling me what to do. :lol:

Take your time and thank you for your work.

Zathor
Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member

Post by Zathor » Mon May 25, 2015 12:25 pm

Finally I have it up and running in MeGUI. While implementing I noticed these things:
- DGIndexNV writes in line 4 of the DGI file the absolute path information while DGIndexIM write relative paths (absolute if on another drive)
- When audio is to be demuxed DGIndexIM removes the file extension in the path while DGIndexNV does not:
e.g. videofile.dgi PID 13f2 2_0ch 48KHz 448Kbps DELAY 97ms.ac3
- I can use the hardware mode of DGIndexIM even when only logged on with RDP - DGIndexNV does not work in such an environment :D
- DGIndexNV stalled when a license.txt was available without proper license in it. I clicked on the error window but I had to kill the process. Did not tried that with DGIndexIM.

Btw no need to change anything regarding the first two points. I implemented switches in the code to take into account these differences. Thanks again!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon May 25, 2015 12:42 pm

Thank you for the feedback, Zathor!
Zathor wrote:Finally I have it up and running in MeGUI. While implementing I noticed these things:
- DGIndexNV writes in line 4 of the DGI file the absolute path information while DGIndexIM write relative paths (absolute if on another drive)
You can control that with the setting Full_Path_In_Files in the DGDecIM.ini file. It defaults to 0. It is controllable by the DGIndexNV GUI, but DGIndexIM has no GUI.
- When audio is to be demuxed DGIndexIM removes the file extension in the path while DGIndexNV does not:
That's strange. I have never seen DGI in the audio filename like that. Can you double check this, using DGIndexNV directly?
- I can use the hardware mode of DGIndexIM even when only logged on with RDP - DGIndexNV does not work in such an environment :D
Interesting!
- DGIndexNV stalled when a license.txt was available without proper license in it. I clicked on the error window but I had to kill the process. Did not tried that with DGIndexIM.
You mean an empty license file? Or just a wrong license? Please give me a license file that causes this, because I cannot duplicate it. Thank you.

Zathor
Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member

Post by Zathor » Mon May 25, 2015 2:16 pm

That's strange. I have never seen DGI in the audio filename like that. Can you double check this, using DGIndexNV directly?
I cannot reproduce it anymore. Maybe I have mixed this up with DGAVCIndex. Sorry :oops:
You mean an empty license file? Or just a wrong license? Please give me a license file that causes this, because I cannot duplicate it. Thank you.
license.txt was from the year 2010 with one line in it. I start DGIndexNV with:

Code: Select all

"dgindexnv.exe" -i "D:\_TEST\video.mkv" -o "D:\TEMP\tllbe550.sdj\video.dgi" -e -h
I click on the "Invalid license" popup but then the process does not close itself. I have to kill it as otherwise I cannot replace the locked license.txt file.

Zathor
Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member

Post by Zathor » Mon May 25, 2015 2:34 pm

And some benchmarks measured with AVSMeter:

Machine 1:
1: DGIndexNV (377 fps)
2: L-SMASH (146 fps)
3: FFMS2 (125 fps, threads=0)
4: FFMS2 (40 fps, threads=1)
5: DGIndexIM (30 fps, SW engine)

Machine 2:
1: DGIndexIM (273 fps, HW engine)
2: L-SMASH (229 fps)
3: FFMS2 (191 fps, threads=0)
4: FFMS2 (55 fps, threads=1)
5: DGIndexIM (43 fps, SW engine)

Machine & source specs does not matter so much. More important is the order of the indexer plugins. Sadly I do not have currently a machine wich is capable of DGIndexNV + DGIndexIM HW. But based on the numbers I guess that DGIndexNV is on the top.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon May 25, 2015 7:38 pm

After you dismiss the license popup you can't close DGIndexNV normally? I can't duplicate that.

EDIT: Ooh, never mind, I just noticed you use CLI. Investigating...

WorBry

Post by WorBry » Mon May 25, 2015 11:10 pm

I'm happy to report that DGIndexIM (50) is working fine here in MeGUI 2557 on my PC - Win7 64-bit, AMD-FX6300 processor - so SW engine only. Just ran a few tests with some AVCHD camcorder (1080/30p) mts clips, I'm seeing an indexing rate of around 720 fps. I haven't compared decode/AVS output rates empirically (AVS Meter). Yes, served to VDub, DGSourceIM plays a bit more sluggishly than L-Smash (LWLibavVideoSource), but I'm not really bothered. My primary use is for transcoding mts clips to a lossless intermediate for editing, and there the limiting factor is the encode rate. I'm just happy that I can now generate the AVS script automatically without having to copy paste the source file path into a template script. Thanks to Zathor and Neuron2 for making this possible.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon May 25, 2015 11:19 pm

Good to hear. Thanks for your information. Yes, IM software mode is not a stellar performer. But it is frame accurate. :lol:

Looks like we can retire DGAVCDecDI as the IM stuff is doing the job.

WorBry

Post by WorBry » Tue May 26, 2015 6:51 am

admin wrote:...... But it is frame accurate
That's why I use it ;)