Windows 10 Incompatible?

Anything related to video and my tools that is not a support request.
DAE avatar
agressiv

Windows 10 Incompatible?

Post by agressiv »

I took one of my machines and upgraded it to Windows 10. It seems DGIndexNV no longer functions. An error appears 3 times when leveraging DGSource().

"Failed to create video decoder (2)"

Someone said CUDA was gone, others debunked that theory. I can leave the PC with Windows 10 if there's any other questions you have, but I can go back to WIndows 7 if needed. I installed the latest video drivers from nVidia that were released yesterday.
admin

Re: Windows 10 Incompatible?

Post by admin »

It's too early and I don't have Windows 10, so at this time I do not have an answer. Some people have reported things work fine with Windows 10.

Can you try some other CUDA-enabled apps and see if they work?

I will check on the CUDA forum at nVidia to see if there is anything known about this.

Also, can you clarify: Does the video appear in DGIndexNV and then things fail in DGDecodeNV? If so, that is a big clue.
DAE avatar
agressiv

Post by agressiv »

Might have just been a licensing thing. I saw someone else post that they had to generate a new ID. When I tried again after work today, I just got "invalid license". (I tried no less than 10 times last night, getting the "Failed to create video decoder" errors)

Went ahead and generated a new ID and it worked just fine. Perhaps a timing thing that generated the errors I mentioned above vs getting "invalid license" ?
admin

Post by admin »

Thank you for the update and of course I'm thrilled it's working for you. I suppose we should be ready for a few mysteries as this transition shakes out. There's no reason things should not work fine on Win10, so let's just keep an eye on things. Post again if anything untoward occurs.
DAE avatar
agressiv

Post by agressiv »

I guess I spoke too soon. The output video is unusable, filled with "CUDA errors" in the upper left, and flashes several frames over and over.

Here is a small 1MB sample:

https://mega.co.nz/#!TFoxBLYD!bcoMI0Z17 ... Yx5LaNunU4

It seems to be able to seek through DGIndexNV.exe just fine, and like I said before, worked fine when I was running Windows 7.

Again, no big deal for me to go back to Windows 7, as this isn't my main machine. I just know I'll need to wait :)
admin

Post by admin »

Hmmm, the "CUDA error" shouldn't appear alone; there should be an init error before that.

I'm looking for some hardware to run win10 on. Not on main machine at this point, no way!

Thanks for your report and your patience as we work through this.
DAE avatar
Guest 2

Post by Guest 2 »

agressiv wrote:I guess I spoke too soon. The output video is unusable, filled with "CUDA errors" in the upper left, and flashes several frames over and over.

Here is a small 1MB sample:

https://mega.co.nz/#!TFoxBLYD!bcoMI0Z17 ... Yx5LaNunU4

It seems to be able to seek through DGIndexNV.exe just fine, and like I said before, worked fine when I was running Windows 7.

Again, no big deal for me to go back to Windows 7, as this isn't my main machine. I just know I'll need to wait :)
At last I am not alone...
admin

Post by admin »

That bad.mkv agressiv linked to is HEVC video. Hello? It's not supported yet.