Hardware encoding

Anything related to video and my tools that is not a support request.
DAE avatar

Hardware encoding

Post by Guest »

The speed you are working at makes ask
any possibility you could look at NVEnc as your next challenge?
I am sure it would be another awesome DG tool
admin

Re: Hardware encoding

Post by admin »

A few questions arise. Can I improve the performance of the nVidia NVEnc application? And can I bring anything extra in terms of functionality over the existing tools? I would want to have affirmative answers before deciding to invest much time into it. But I can certainly explore the first question. I'll try to get to it soon.
DAE avatar
De-M-oN

Post by De-M-oN »

zeranoe ffmpeg doesnt have libnpp integrated, but if it would have I could capture with resizing to 2800x1750.

Then I even wouldnt have to encode after my game captures and could directly upload it to youtube.

Why the resizing? Because 1750 pixel height is the minimum height to get their 4k bitrate, which is encoded with much better bitrate than normal 1440p or in my case 1600p.
Same goes for 1080p. If you upscale it to 2048x1152 you get the 1440p bitrate coding.
Means while 1080p gets only 3,5 mbit bitrate, 2048x1152 would get 10 mbit bitrate.

I explained that in further detail here:

https://www.letsplayforum.de/index.php/ ... ost2362898

Its in german though.
I use this to capture my games:

Code: Select all

ffmpeg -vstats_file "d:\XVideos\LPT Complex Doom HR2\LPT Complex Doom HR2__47.txt" -rtbufsize 2048M -f dshow -framerate 60 -thread_queue_size 1024 -probesize 10M -pixel_format bgr24 -i video="Datapath VisionSC-DP2 Video 01":audio="Wave (ASUS Xonar HDAV 1.3 Audio" -vf "vflip" -vcodec h264_nvenc -pix_fmt yuv420p -rc:v vbr -b:v 0 -qmin 1 -qmax 16 -preset hp -acodec pcm_s16le -audio_buffer_size 80 "e:\LPT Complex Doom HR2\LPT Complex Doom HR2__47.mkv"
And if I wouldnt have to resize the video afterwards I could upload my captured videofile instead of having to re-encode it, just to get it to the higher resolution.
So it would be awesome if I could somehow have the hardware resizing usable into ffmpeg : /
admin

Post by admin »

Sorry but that's OT for this forum. I have nothing to do with ffmpeg.