Deinterlacing

Anything related to video and my tools that is not a support request.
DAE avatar
Mat1926

Re: Deinterlacing

Post by Mat1926 »

admin wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 9:41 am
Second, you should update to the latest DGDecNV slipstream 147. I'm reluctant to support older versions.
I just updated to the latest 147 version, and like you said nothing fails now, having the commands on separate lines also works...Regarding the NVIDIA driver number, now I am updating to the latest one 397.31....
admin

Post by admin »

OK, cool. Does that also mean x264 launcher is not failing now too?

About undoing telecine. First we need to know if it is soft or hard telecine. Load the source in DGIndexNV and then save project. What is the film percentage reported at the bottom of the DGI file?
DAE avatar
Mat1926

Post by Mat1926 »

admin wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 10:09 am
OK, cool. Does that also mean x264 launcher is not failing now too?

About undoing telecine. First we need to know if it is soft or hard telecine. Load the source in DGIndexNV and then save project. What is the film percentage reported at the bottom of the DGI file?
No X264 launcher does not work!

Code: Select all

Simple x264 Launcher (Build #1124), built 2018-02-27
x264 [error]: could not open input file `0'
The film % is 0.00.
What are the expected values here?!

Thnx
admin

Post by admin »

Please give the exact steps you do to get this error in SimpleLauncher. Also give the full log from SimpleLauncher. It works fine for me without error.

Telecining stuff comes after we resolve this error.
DAE avatar
Mat1926

Post by Mat1926 »

admin wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 10:24 am
Please give the exact steps you do to get this error in SimpleLauncher.

Telecining stuff comes after we resolve these errors.
The issue is in the new custom preset that I just made :facepalm:, I used an older one that worked in the past and the x264 launcher now works w/o issues at all. I need to investigate the changes I made to this preset. Now there are no issues with the x264 launcher...

Thnx
admin

Post by admin »

OK, on to inverse telecining.

Because you have 0% film, that is hard telecining and you will need to use IVTC filters rather than just fieldop=1 in DGSource(). If this is not making any sense to you, you'll have to do some research on it on your own. Other video forums can be very helpful in this regard. This forum is for support of my tools and related matters.

DGTelecide().DGDecimate():

The advantage here is that it is CUDA-accelerated and so it will be faster and leave more CPU for encoding.

TFM()/TDecimate():

The advantage here is that it is more flexible with additional parameters for tweaking.

If DGTelecide().DGDecimate() is not meeting your needs, I'd love to hear more about it with a view to enhancing it as needed.
DAE avatar
Mat1926

Post by Mat1926 »

admin wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 10:42 am
If DGTelecide().Telecide() is not meeting your needs, I'd love to hear more about it with a view to enhancing it as needed.
You said this "DGTelecide().Telecide()", is this what you really meant ?!
admin

Post by admin »

Of course not.

DGTelecide().DGDecimate()
DAE avatar
Mat1926

Post by Mat1926 »

After finding out the field order, do we still need AssumeTFF() in our code ?

AssumeTFF()
DGTelecide().DGDecimate()
Also, what if some interlacing artifacts were detected at the edges after our previous step, do you think something like this is needed?

QTGMC(preset="fast").SelectEven()
Thnx
admin

Post by admin »

You should not need an AssumeFPS() call, as DGSource() sets it for Avisynth+. It is harmless to include, however, as long as it is set correctly.

You have telecined material (unless you are now talking about a different source). You can't sensibly use QTGMC on it.

If you have artifacts with DGTelecide/DGDecimate, please link to an unprocessed sample video and give your script.
DAE avatar
Mat1926

Post by Mat1926 »

How can I extract a sample w/o processing that is reasonable in size for you? What method is best?

Thnx

*edit*
I also would like to PM you some screens, I prefer not to put them in public...is that okay?!

Thnx
admin

Post by admin »

Open the stream in DGIndexNV. Set a range around the desired sample area with the [ and ] buttons. Go into Demux and enable video demuxing. Save project. You will get an M2V file (assuming your source is still VOB).

A possible host is tinyupload.com (50MB max).

Yes, go ahead and PM me the screens.
admin

Post by admin »

Next time please give a much larger sample, 25-50 MB.

You have two problems. First your cropping is invoking the Chroma Upsampling Error (CUE). You have to crop in multiples of 4. So do this:

Crop (8, 8, -24, -4)

You can use the DGIndexNV cropping filter if you like, instead of the Avisynth internal Crop(). It will enforce multiples.

Second, you have noisy fields, which can look like interlacing. Suppose the pattern is:

a a a b b c c c d d ...

The three a fields should be identical (after vertical alignment), but when stepping through by fields you can see that they differ by noise and other distortions. If the residual combing caused by this bothers you (to me it looks too small to be visible when viewed at normal size and speed) then you can tweak the postprocessing.

I will tell you again that this 3:2 telecined stream is not suitable for QTGMC and won't comment any further on that. Also, it won't return your frame rate to 23.976.
DAE avatar
Mat1926

Post by Mat1926 »

admin wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 5:55 pm
You have to crop in multiples of 4. So do this:
Always multiple of 4, or for some special cases? I always used multiple of 2...
admin

Post by admin »