3D BluRay

Anything related to video and my tools that is not a support request.
DAE avatar
Xunkar

3D BluRay

Post by Xunkar »

I'm new to 3D BluRays, and I cannot find anywhere an answer to my problem. Namely, how do you approach 3D BluRays? I would like to produce a SBS video from it. I've seen talk of BD3D2MK3D, which looks nice but I would prefer something less automated, and that I can interface with AviSynth. From what I can tell it's related to the SSIF file and would need to mix two m2ts together, one for each eye. I've also read about DGMVCSource, but I have no real idea where to begin with this.

Can anyone guide me on this subject? One of the m2ts can be indexed by DGDecNV, but not the other one, if only I could index this one too it would only be a matter of stacking them horizontally, but it doesn't seem to be that easy.
DAE avatar
Sharc

Re: 3D BluRay

Post by Sharc »

With DGDecNV you can only decode and index the 2D (='base') view. For 3D decoding you would need DGMVCSource. The DGMVCSource package includes the file 'DGMVCSource.txt' with avisynth script examples how to use it. See for example 'Return Half SBS conversion'.
I would however advise to use and study BD3D2MK3D. It uses DGMVCSource and generates scripts and commandlines in its working folder which you can learn from. It's not so easy when you want to multiplex video, audio and subtitles.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Thank you, Sharc. I was just about to say the same thing. Ya beat da squirrel!
DAE avatar
Xunkar

Post by Xunkar »

Thank you Sharc, I'll see if I can make this work. Can you or anyone confirm that the latest version of DGMVCSource is 100b22 please?
DAE avatar
Sharc

Post by Sharc »

It is 100b26. You can download it from here:
http://rationalqm.us/mine.html
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Thanks again, Sharc. Xunkar, beware, DGMVCSource supports only linear access from the start of the stream. Do not do anything in your script that leads to nonlinear access. It's on the dream list to support random access for MVC but with the decline of 3D it's unlikely to get high on the priority list.

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/269 ... blu-ray-3d
DAE avatar
Xunkar

Post by Xunkar »

I see, thanks for the heads-up Rocky :)