Blending issues.

Anything related to video and my tools that is not a support request.
DAE avatar
renols

Blending issues.

Post by renols »

Hi.

I am recording some programs from National Geographic HD, that I want to keep since they are quite interesting.

However the resulting mkv file has a lot of blended frames in it.

I have tried a lot of different things, and I am kinda stuck at the moment.

Even when I use an avs script with

AssumeTFF().SeparateFields()

I still see lots of blending when I step through the source using virtualdub. And I don't really see any pattern.

When I demux with DGIndexNV I can see that the frame type changes between TFF and MBAFF.

I have cut a small clip from the source ts file, and would like to ask if there is any way to get a good result from that source.

Since there is blended frames even when looking at the separated fields, I have a feeling it may not be possible. But maybe I am just missing something.

The small cut can be found here http://www.mediafire.com/?0lnmfbzzul2ny04 and I would appreciate any ideas.

Thanks in advance.
DAE avatar
renols

Re: Blending issues.

Post by renols »

renols wrote:Hi.

I am recording some programs from National Geographic HD, that I want to keep since they are quite interesting.

However the resulting mkv file has a lot of blended frames in it.

I have tried a lot of different things, and I am kinda stuck at the moment.

Even when I use an avs script with

AssumeTFF().SeparateFields()

I still see lots of blending when I step through the source using virtualdub. And I don't really see any pattern.

When I demux with DGIndexNV I can see that the frame type changes between TFF and MBAFF.

I have cut a small clip from the source ts file, and would like to ask if there is any way to get a good result from that source.

Since there is blended frames even when looking at the separated fields, I have a feeling it may not be possible. But maybe I am just missing something.

The small cut can be found here http://www.mediafire.com/?0lnmfbzzul2ny04 and I would appreciate any ideas.

Thanks in advance.
Hi again.

Since noone have answered, I was wondering if the sample on mediafire is too short, or otherwise has a problem?

renols
admin

Post by admin »

Well, this forum is for support of my tools, not general video questions. For the latter, use Videohelp.

Have you tried SRestore()?
DAE avatar
renols

Post by renols »

Hi.

I am sorry if I did a post that should not have been posted on this forum.

As I wrote when it gets demuxed, the field type constantly changes between TFF and MBAFF, but I guess that has nothing to do with the issue then.

I have tried SRestore, but I either end up with some very "jerky" playback, and still some blended frames in it.

I'll try to do a post on doom9, and see if I have any luck there. Otherwise I guess I will just have to live with it.

I have no idea what Nat Geo have done to the stream. I higly doubt that it was recorded that way. Must have been recorded either as 29,97 FPS or 24 FPS and then converted to 25 FPS for airing.

Anyway. thanks for answering.

renols