DGAVCDecodeDI & MeGUI 2006 (svn) Crash

Support forum for DGAVCDecDI
Matrosko
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:34 pm

Re: DGAVCDecodeDI & MeGUI 2006 (svn) Crash

Post by Matrosko » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:09 am

neuron2 wrote:The DI software version is documented as alpha quality. It will likely not be developed any further. If you need a refund PM me your details.
I can't because the forum doesn't let new useres to post private messages.
Thanks.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4382
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: DGAVCDecodeDI & MeGUI 2006 (svn) Crash

Post by admin » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:21 pm

I don't see any board settings to control that.

OK, send me an email. I need your registered email in any case to find you.

Matrosko
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:34 pm

Re: DGAVCDecodeDI & MeGUI 2006 (svn) Crash

Post by Matrosko » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:28 am

neuron2 wrote:I don't see any board settings to control that.

OK, send me an email. I need your registered email in any case to find you.
The option:
PM:Send private message
Apperas only after 3 posts...now i can send pm anyway.

Dal
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: DGAVCDecodeDI & MeGUI 2006 (svn) Crash

Post by Dal » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:08 pm

neuron2 wrote:The DI software version is documented as alpha quality. It will likely not be developed any further. If you need a refund PM me your details.
This is very unfortunate.
I was coming to the forum to tell that the -"at" command line option does not seem to work, then I see this.

So there is no tool for us with AMD cards then, execpt the old dgavcindex then.

It's a shame.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4382
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: DGAVCDecodeDI & MeGUI 2006 (svn) Crash

Post by admin » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:45 pm

If your only issue is the -at option I can easily fix that, as long as you tell me how to reproduce it.

It's a shame you don't have an nVidia card. :agree:

Dal
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: DGAVCDecodeDI & MeGUI 2006 (svn) Crash

Post by Dal » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:12 pm

neuron2 wrote:If your only issue is the -at option I can easily fix that, as long as you tell me how to reproduce it.
I thank you for that, but there is also the issue where I have to wait several minutes before the file I try to open actually gets loaded into the program.
neuron2 wrote:It's a shame you don't have an nVidia card. :agree:
Yeah, well, it's a shame that this thing has to be gfx card specific.
IMO you should drop the HW accelleration thing and reprogram this fine program so it just works, regardless of hardware.

Thanks anyway.

kypec
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:37 am

Re: DGAVCDecodeDI & MeGUI 2006 (svn) Crash

Post by kypec » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:05 am

Dal wrote:
neuron2 wrote:IMO you should drop the HW accelleration thing and reprogram this fine program so it just works, regardless of hardware.
I'd say that the program just works because it actually uses CUDA (nVidia specific feature) which makes your suggestion pointless ;)
BTW I've read somewhere that nVidia plans to open/release CUDA for other platforms as well so maybe there's a hope also for non-nVidia GPU to benefit from it in the future :?:

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4382
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: DGAVCDecodeDI & MeGUI 2006 (svn) Crash

Post by admin » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:17 am

kypec wrote:I'd say that the program just works because it actually uses CUDA (nVidia specific feature) which makes your suggestion pointless ;)
BTW I've read somewhere that nVidia plans to open/release CUDA for other platforms as well so maybe there's a hope also for non-nVidia GPU to benefit from it in the future :?:
It uses CUVID to be more exact, but your point is correct. Your latter speculation will depend on whether they release a CUVID API for other platforms.

Nick007
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:20 pm

Re: DGAVCDecodeDI & MeGUI 2006 (svn) Crash

Post by Nick007 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:16 pm

Zathor wrote:
Nick007 wrote:From experience of my friend, recent versions of Megui are bogus.
??? Please create a bug report or send me the details about the problems (here as a PM or in the ??? forum). In my opinion there are sometimes of course new problems with newer builds but in general newer versions are less buggy than old ones.
But please keep in mind that MeGUI never supported DGAVCDecDI and (as written above) never will support it.

Btw I am going to remove the old DGAVCDec (should have done that already a long time ago).
Well, I'm using 0.3.4.0, which you could say is ancient, but it never failed on me. Although, I'm using it only as simple preset and queue manager and use none of its auto tools. I don't know exactly what caused my friend problems, it's bit hard to understand him what actually doesn't work (he's Romanian...), but I gave him my Megui folder and it worked for him flawlessly. It may have been error on his end, some settings misconfiguration or something, or it could've been fixed in later version, because I think he's using some recent build now without problems.

Either way, my point was to try older version of Megui. Because, put simply, there is no reason why the script shouldn't work in Megui when it works elsewhere (previews in AvsPmod etc)...

RedDwarf
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:11 pm

Re: DGAVCDecodeDI & MeGUI 2006 (svn) Crash

Post by RedDwarf » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:55 pm

Dal wrote: Yeah, well, it's a shame that this thing has to be gfx card specific.
IMO you should drop the HW accelleration thing and reprogram this fine program so it just works, regardless of hardware.

Thanks anyway.
HW acceleration/decoding does have a place, it's great for HD encoding but very poor when the encoder encoding rate is higher than about 105fps such as when encoding to XVid formats because the nVidia GPU cannot decode fast enough for the XVid encoder. It slows down the encoding process significantly even on previous generation CPU's.

I was just thinking about getting the DiAVC decoder so I could use DGAVCDecoderDI for XVid encoding but if it doesn't work with newer DiAVC releases and has been abandoned then there is not much point because I don't need a software AVC decoder for any other reason.

Post Reply