[RESOLVED] DGAVCDecDI may need the same crash fix as DGDecNV

Support forum for DGAVCDecDI
DAE avatar
LigH

[RESOLVED] DGAVCDecDI may need the same crash fix as DGDecNV

Post by LigH »

Dear Donald,

please check if DGAVCDecDI needs a similar fix as DGDecNV (loading at least one frame) as I get the same pseudo-crashes in ivfenc 1.5 (Nic's AviSynth mod) as I used to get with DGDecNV before Build 2026.
admin

Re: DGAVCDecDI may need the same crash fix as DGDecNV (1 fra

Post by admin »

It can't be the same race condition because CUDA is not present.

However, if you can tell me how to duplicate it, I can investigate.
DAE avatar
LigH

Post by LigH »

Still no reply for almost 3 months...

Anything else you may need?
admin

Post by admin »

I doon't know what ivfenc is, how to install it, or how to use it. Give me a step-by-step to reproduce your problem.
DAE avatar
LigH

Post by LigH »

Happy New Year.

Donald, you are incredible... :ugeek: :roll: -- Really, I did not expect that you were unable to read my second reply in excatly this thread! :shock:

^ See above. Or below again (repost):

{1} I linked my post in the DGAVCDecDI thread elsewhere, where I described all details already[/url]«.

{2} Furthermore I linked »ivfenc 1.5 in Nic's modified version to accept AviSynth sources«.

Download the ZIP file {2} from Nic's webserver. Unpack it. It contains a command line executable.

Make an AviSynth script which uses DGAVCDecDI to read an AVC source video (similar to the source of "ED_0360_DI.avs" I posted in {1} in the doom9 forum).

Use the "ivfenc.exe" contained in {2} to convert the AviSynth script with command lines similar to those reported in the source code of a sample batch file "ED_0360_700_ivf.bat" in {1}.

Hmm ... it may be better to repeat the posted sources here so you don't need to read the doom9 forum again.

ED_0360_DI.avs

Code: Select all

LoadPlugin("E:\Programme\DGAVCDecDI\DGAVCDecodeDI.dll")
DGSource("ED_1080_CRF06_DI.dgi") # some 1920x1080 source; here: "Elephants Dream" encoded from PNG files with x264 --crf 6
Spline36Resize(640, 360)
ED_0360_700_ivf.bat - a sample batch to encode the above script with 700 kbps

E:\Programme\ivfenc\ivfenc.exe --codec=vp8 --passes=2 --pass=1 --fpf=ED_0360.stats --best --threads=1 --token-parts=1 --end-usage=0 --target-bitrate=700 ED_0360_DI.avs ED_0360_700.ivf
E:\Programme\ivfenc\ivfenc.exe --codec=vp8 --passes=2 --pass=2 --fpf=ED_0360.stats --best --threads=1 --token-parts=1 --end-usage=0 --target-bitrate=700 ED_0360_DI.avs ED_0360_700.ivf
E:\Programme\MKVtoolnix\mkvmerge.exe -o ED_0360_700.webm -w ED_0360_700.ivf ED.ogg
Please change any directories according to your own structure.
Attachments
ivfenc.zip
ivfenc 1.5 in Nic's modified version to accept AviSynth sources
(237.85 KiB) Downloaded 665 times
admin

Post by admin »

I just executed your encoding process on WinXP32 using latest DGAVCDecDI 2025 and latest DiAVC 1.2.2. I successfully encoded the .ivf file and encountered no issues whatsoever.

Can you download 2025 & 1.2.2 to get the absolute latest and test it again? Both contain important fixes.
LigH wrote:Happy New Year.
Thank you. May you also get what you deserve this coming year. :)
Donald, you are incredible...
Once again, thank you. Praise is a rare thing and I'll take as much of it as I can.
:ugeek: :roll: -- Really, I did not expect that you were unable to read my second reply in excatly this thread! :shock:
Pardon me?
DAE avatar
LigH

Post by LigH »

Good. DGAVCDecDI 2025 and DiAVC 1.2.2 (DiAVC *.ax files copied into DGAVCDecDI folder after re-registering). Re-indexed the *.264 file with the current DGAVCIndexDI.exe to a current ED_1080_CRF06_DI.dgi and checked:

VirtualDubMod opens and displays the video well.

ivfenc ... thinks 3 seconds, then does nothing. Seems to crash and close without any notice. Nothing to read on the console.

T:\Videos\Elephants Dream>E:\Programme\ivfenc\ivfenc.exe --codec=vp8 --passes=2 --pass=1 --fpf=ED_0360.stats --best --threads=1 --token-parts=1 --end-usage=0 --target-bitrate=700 ED_0360_DI.avs ED_0360_700.ivf
IVFEnc - VP8 Encoder - Nic's AviSynth Input Mod v1.5 (Jun  7 2010)

DAE avatar
LigH

Post by LigH »

Any idea how I could help you further?

Well, VP8 developed in the meantime; ivfenc is now called vpxenc. Unfortunately, noone seems to be able to modify its sources so that it can accept AviSynth input. Not even porting Nic's ivfenc patch sources to the current vpxenc sources seems to be possible for anyone. Hard to find people with both enough interest in WebM and enough experience in coding C++ (incl. knowing a compiler in detail). I lack in the second.
admin

Post by admin »

Marking resolved as I have no bandwidth to work on vpxenc.