[RESOLVED] Could not create DiAVC decoder [55]!

Support forum for DGAVCDecDI
DAE avatar
Deadeye

[RESOLVED] Could not create DiAVC decoder [55]!

Post by Deadeye »

I'm trying to get DGAVCDecDI working with DiAVC inside a VMware Workstation 7.1.4 virtual machine, but am hitting what appears to be a DiAVC licensing issue.

The reason for trying to get this running within a VM is to enable playing my AviSynth work on my various computers around the house. Set up the VM once and at least DiAVC should work, right? No, I don't expect the hardware accelerated decoder DGDecNV to work in a VM.

First I installed and registered DGAVCDecDI within the (Windows 7 x86 sp1) VM, then installed and registered DiAVC in the same folder as per the instructions. But when I run DGAVCIndexDI.exe and load a video clip, I get two error dialog boxes. One titled "Decoder open failure" says "Could not create DiAVC decoder [55]!". A moment later a second messagebox pops up saying "Invalid License!"

I contacted Hongbo Zhu (aka schweinsz) who tried to help, but now he insists the problem is within DGAVCDecDI, not his decoder. He demonstrated this by driving his decoder with a calling application he wrote that appears to work properly within the VM environment.

This is a little discouraging. Is running this setup within a VM reasonable? I understand the use-case is a little esoteric, but is there any possibility of fixing this issue?

Thanks in advance.
admin

Re: ERROR: Could not create DiAVC decoder [55]! (Invalid Lic

Post by admin »

Hongbo is a smart cookie, and if he points to a DG issue then you can count on it. Your error message does indeed indicate a DG licensing issue. Please send me an email with your registered user ID, your machine ID, and the license.txt file that you created. We'll debug it after I verify your licensing is all A-OK.

Can I run this virtual thingie on my Win XP machine?
DAE avatar
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Ah, sure enough it turned out to be my mistake. I sent you & Hongbo an email with the details.

You might want to add a bone-head check in your code for license.txt.txt and throw up an appropriate error. :-P
admin

Post by admin »

Deadeye wrote:You might want to add a bone-head check in your code for license.txt.txt and throw up an appropriate error. :-P
Better yet, I should accept both license.txt and license.txt.txt as the name of the license file.

Glad you are running OK now.
DAE avatar
mctutilo

Re: [RESOLVED] Could not create DiAVC decoder [55]!

Post by mctutilo »

I have a similar problem.
I double checked the license.txt to be shure, that machine id is correct an the license code is with CRLF in the file. DiAVC.ax is also licensed and in the same directory as well as in the DiAVCSetup folder. GSpot can find DiAVC.ax and it seems to work correctly.
But after starting DGAVCIndexDI and opening (adding) a mkv file, an error message appears: Decoder open failure! Could not create DiAVC decoder! Quitting these messages DGAVCIndexDI is ending with any further comment.

As you can see in the licensing process, my license counter has incremented by one with the same data. But no success.

Thanks for giving an hint.
admin

Post by admin »

Please send me an email with your registered user ID, your machine ID, and the license.txt file that you created. We'll debug it after I verify your licensing is all A-OK.
admin

Post by admin »

The license is correct for the machine ID, but the file you attached is named license18.txt. That is not correct.

Please post a screenshot of the error that you get. I ask because your reference to the error does not include the [55] so I am unsure which code got triggered.

Make sure that the machine ID is still what you think it is by checking the Help/About dialog. Make sure the license file is called license.txt (and not license.txt.txt).
Make sure the license file is in the same directory as DGAVCIndexDI.exe.
DAE avatar
mctutilo

Post by mctutilo »

You will find the directory list with the file license.txt. Further the screenshot with the error message during opening a file.
Attachments
bild-4.jpg
screenshot with the error message during opening a file
admin

Post by admin »

That error indicates that DG licensing checks succeeded but the DiAVC decoder could not be created. The diavc.ax was loaded but the call to create an instance of the decoder failed.

This could be because you do not use the version of diavc.ax that was shipped with DGDecNV. Please search your system for instances of diavc.ax and make sure you have just one and that it is the one I shipped with DGDecNV.

If you verify that you are using the correct diavc.ax, then this has to be referred to DiAVC.

Specifically, this call is failing after the diavc.ax is successfully loaded and all function pointers are successfully found:

ll_create_h264decoder(pDsplFrm)

It is returning null instead of an instance handle.
DAE avatar
mctutilo

Post by mctutilo »

Thanks for answering.
I would like to do it, but I cannot find the suitable diavc.ax neither in dgdecnv2044.zip nor in dgavcdecdi2038.zip loaded from your homepage. You are right, my diavc.ax is directly from the programmers homepage.
admin

Post by admin »

Sorry I forgot my own instructions. :)

Get version 1.2.2 from the DiAVC homepage. Make sure that one is registered.

http://www.di-avc.com/download.html
DAE avatar
mctutilo

Post by mctutilo »

Uups..
that was my fault. In Germany we say: If someone can read, he is absolutly in advantage.
Now, diavc.axx 1.2.2 is installed and registered. GSpot gives all necessary information, that the codex will work and the merit is higher than others.
diavc.ax is in the folder of DGAVCIndexDI.exe and again registered with regsvr32 to that directory.

But I'm sorry, the same procedure as everytime. "Could not create DiAVC decoder" as mentioned in the hardcopy.
admin

Post by admin »

You have to get support from DiAVC. It is not an error in my program.