Error: No Video Frames Found

Support forum for DGAVCDecDI
Vurbal

Error: No Video Frames Found

Post by Vurbal » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:48 am

DGAVCIndexDI Version 2038
Windows XP (32-bit)

I get a 'No Video Frames Found' error when I try to preview any AVC file. DGAVCIndexDI appears to have no problems seeing the video stream or the individual frames, but I get the following when I save a project.

Demuxing also works fine so my first thought was an issue with DiAVC, but since I don't have any problems opening the same files using DiAVC in GraphStudio I decided to check here first.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Error: No Video Frames Found

Post by admin » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:07 pm

Please post a link to a file that I can use to duplicate your problem.

Exactly when do you get the error "No video frames found"? In DGAVCIndexDI or when previewing your script? Your first image suggests everything worked fine.

Vurbal

Post by Vurbal » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:53 pm

Sorry, I should have been clear about it. It's when I try to preview with DGAVCIndexDI. And even though it looks like everything worked, when I opened the DGI file in AviSynth I got an error saying 'No video.'

However, as I was testing again before uploading I realized it is reading the file, it just takes a few minutes. Once I waited for CPU usage to drop I didn't have any problems. Is that normal for an ancient computer (P4 2.4GHz)? I just want to make sure everything is working the way it should.

sandy_geser

Post by sandy_geser » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:10 pm

I have a similiar issue. I load an m2ts file onto DGAVCDecDI. The tool displays 1920x1080 and 23.976 on the top bar but when I try to play/preview I get "no video frames found". I didn't wait for a few mins like Vurbal but I did notice cpu jumps up.
I didn't think I need to wait as from my experience with the NV tool the video file is ready to display seconds after loaded. I tried it with several avc files and get the same error on all. Graphedit shows diavc is registered and used to decode when I drop a file on it. and also my pc isn't "ancient". it's a fairly recent i7 model with x64 OS.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/155/dierror.jpg/

Vurbal

Post by Vurbal » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:34 pm

I did notice that saving the project file is nearly instantaneous - certainly much quicker than saving an MPEG-2 project using DGIndex. That leads me to wonder if the delay is a result of DGAVCIndexDI reading the file more thoroughly when it's first loaded.

sandy_geser

Post by sandy_geser » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:39 pm

I didn't try to save the project as I usually have a look at the video through the tool first and seeing it errored I didn't think a project file can be even made. you mean made the project faster than mpeg2 ?

Vurbal

Post by Vurbal » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:55 pm

I mean when I use DGIndex to create a project from an MPEG-2 file it opens instantly but writes somewhat slowly (at least on the old computer I'm stuck with at the moment). When I use DGAVCIndexDI to create a DGI project for an AVC file it opens very slowly but when I save the project file it takes almost no time to write the DGI file. If DGAVCIndex were reading additional details when it opens the video file that DGIndex doesn't read until it creates the project file (or similar information since MPEG-2 is different than AVC) it would explain both differences.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:38 pm

When you open a file, the DGAVCIndexDI window should open with the first frame of the video showing. Afer that first frame shows, then Play/Preview should work. So please advise if the first frame is being displayed on open. sandy_geser's screenshot does not show the first frame, unless it happens to be all black.

If files are opening slowly then we need to investigate that. I will need you to provide a stream that opens slowly.

Vurbal

Post by Vurbal » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:48 pm

No problem. It happens on every stream I've tried it on. And the first frame doesn't show up until the CPU usage drops. Of course those were just files I was using for testing purposes, all of which were created in pretty much the same way using MeGUI so I certainly couldn't rule the files out.

I'll post links when I have a file uploaded.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:04 pm

How long does it take for the first frame to be displayed?

What versions of DGAVCDec and DiAVC are you using?

Are the files on a network drive?