Error: No Video Frames Found

Support forum for DGAVCDecDI
DAE avatar
sandy_geser

Re: Error: No Video Frames Found

Post by sandy_geser »

I'm testing what vurbal said. i.e loaded an m2ts and waiting for the first frame to show up.

It took about 7mins for that to happen during which cpu shoots up to 98% and stays at between 88%-98% for the whole duration of the load period.
so I'd say pretty much exactly the same behaviour Vurbal is describing only he might be using smaller mkv files (he mentioned they were created with megui) while I tried with full bluray files.

The screenshot I posted was me trying to play/preview straight after load so obviously no frames show up as the error says no video frames found.

I don't think it has to do with a specific streams as I tried with 3 different m2ts files and they all didn't load right away and displayed the error if I attempted to play/review straight away. I believe the load time is directly connected with the length of the video file. the movie that took 7mins to load is close to 2h and I also tried with a 1m30s m2ts file and that one opened in 3 seconds. Therefore we will probably need to provide you with a full length AVC file for you to recreate the issue which is going to be tough to do ;) I just tried with an 720p mkv file (~4.4gb vs 15-17gb 1080p m2ts) and it loads a lot faster but still not right away. maybe 2mins load time.

In my case DG is on the C: drive and the m2ts is on E: (same pc, different drives). I copied DG to the same drive the avc file is on and it seems to be displaying the same behaviour. Long load, spiked cpu..

Using latest versions I found on the relevant sites, i.e DGAVCDecDI 2038 and DiAVC1.2.6.
DAE avatar
Vurbal

Post by Vurbal »

Here's a link to the first 50MB of one of my files.

http://www.mediafire.com/?xc22sgwalqdvf82

When I opened it with DGAVCIndexDI it took about a minute for the first frame to appear or the window to even be resized to match the video resolution. During that time DGAVCIndexDI CPU usage is between 95% and 99%. After that almost everything seems normal. Previewing is no problem and neither are the regular play or step features. However, if I use the Step forward by GOP or Step back by GOP buttons, CPU usage spikes for a couple of minutes again but the slider bar and picture aren't updated. I do think those buttons are working though since I can select a range of frames by using them with the [ and ] buttons. I just can't see the position before I select the start or end frame.

None of my files are on a network drive. They're on a local (internal) PATA drive. DGAVCDecDI version is 2038 and DiAVC version is 1.2.6. They are all SD files encoded from DVD sources.

The amount of time to open each file varies by the number of frames and/or filesize. I haven't narrowed it down to one or the other since I didn't find files with the same number of frames but significantly different sizes (or vice versa) to test with. It doesn't make a difference if they are in a container or not or what type of container it is. Matroska takes just as long as TS which takes just as long as an elementary stream.

Once they finally load and I create a project file I have no problems of any kind in AviSynth.
admin

Post by admin »

That file opens instantly for me. If you open that same 50M file, does it take a long time?

If so, I will try upgrading to the same version of DiAVC. Then if that still opens instantly for me I will ask you to work with a debug version of DGAVCDec.
DAE avatar
Vurbal

Post by Vurbal »

That file takes a minute to open for me. The full file (about 4 times as long) takes around 4 minutes. Just let me know if you need me to try with a debug version.
admin

Post by admin »

It's a DiAVC issue. I upgraded to 1.2.6 and get all kinds of flaky behavior with DGAVCIndexDI. I've contacted DiAVC's author. If you want to do that too, feel free to point him to this thread. You can also ask for access to version 1.2.2, which works perfectly for me.
DAE avatar
Vurbal

Post by Vurbal »

Thanks for getting it tracked down. I'll make sure and contact him.
DAE avatar
sandy_geser

Post by sandy_geser »

will contact him as well.
admin

Post by admin »

schweinsz will provide me with a debug version of 1.2.6 that I will use to try to find the problem. In the meantime, please use 1.2.2, which is now available for download at the DiAVC web site download page.
DAE avatar
Vurbal

Post by Vurbal »

Works beautifully with the older decoder. Thanks again for the quick support.