[RESOLVED] Complement Parity enabled

Support forum for DGAVCDecDI
DAE avatar
Alex-Kid

[RESOLVED] Complement Parity enabled

Post by Alex-Kid »

Hi admin, I started a topic in doom9.org days ago about a strange pulldown pattern (you replied to that topic). I reviewed the replies tonight but it didn't make sense to me, because I see a pattern completely unknown to me. After a test with good old (but slow) DGAVCDecode and complement parity filter with DGSource, I concluded that there's something wrong with my versions of DGAVCDecDI or DiAVC or both, because the video loads well but with complement parity changed. It's strange to me because you doesn't seem to have that issue when you tested that file.

I have DGAVCDecDI 2038 and DiAVC version unknown (don't know where to look at), both installed in avisynth plugins folder.

Thanks for your support.
admin

Re: Complement Parity enabled

Post by admin »

The clip is TFF. So you need to add an AssumeTFF() line after the source filter. With AssumeTFF(), all three of DGDecNV, DGAVCDecDI, and DGAVCDec serve correct TFF video.

If you find an issue please describe the exact process to demonstrate it.

BTW, always use AssumeTFF() or AssumeBFF() as needed, rather than ComplementParity().
DAE avatar
Alex-Kid

Post by Alex-Kid »

Oh, so simple that worked, thank you admin!
admin

Post by admin »

You're welcome. If you need a method to determine the field order to choose AssumeTFF() or AssumeBFF(), have a look at the FAQ at my website (first two questions):

http://rationalqm.us/faq.html