[RESOLVED] Error: Could not create DiAVC decoder!

Support forum for DGAVCDecDI
DAE avatar
nls

[RESOLVED] Error: Could not create DiAVC decoder!

Post by nls »

Hi, just registered the DiAVC decoder. Activated it, it's now usable as an AX filter. But I'm running into problems while opening an m2ts stream in DGAVCIndexDI. When I try to open the stream, a "Decoder open failure" window opens with "Could not create DiAVC decoder!" (no number in brackets) and in a few secs the app crashes. The crash information window shows that "DGAVCIndexDI.exe" has failed. Windows 7 x64 SP1, DiAVC 1.2.2, DGAVCIndexDI 2038. Can you please help solve this?
admin

Re: Error: Could not create DiAVC decoder!

Post by admin »

Does it happen with all streams?

Is the diavc.ax in the same directory as DGAVCIndexDI?

Are you using 32 or 64 bit binaries? Also, make sure you don't mix and match, e.g., 32-bit DGAVCIndexDI with 64-bit diavc.ax.

Also see here:

http://neuron2.net/board/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=129

This is one way I know that your error message could occur.

Technically, this is a DiAVC error and support would need to be sought from them. I will help to resolve any issues that may be caused on my side or due to wrong setup however.
DAE avatar
nls

Post by nls »

Does it happen with all streams?
Yes.
Is the diavc.ax in the same directory as DGAVCIndexDI?
Yes. Also regged/activated in the same dir. Earlier registered in its own dir and then copied over - same error.
Are you using 32 or 64 bit binaries? Also, make sure you don't mix and match, e.g., 32-bit DGAVCIndexDI with 64-bit diavc.ax.
All is 32-bit, verified with file (from cygwin tools).
Doesn't seem to help.
Technically, this is a DiAVC error and support would need to be sought from them. I will help to resolve any issues that may be caused on my side or due to wrong setup however.
OK.
admin

Post by admin »

When you talk to DiAVC, you can tell them that DGAVCIndexDI is able to load all his function pointers successfully from diavc.ax but then this fails:

*p_handle = ll_creat_h264decoder(pDsplFrm);
if (!*p_handle)
{
message_box("Could not create DiAVC decoder!", "Decoder open failure", MB_OK | MB_ICONERROR);
return -1;
}

Also, be sure to mention you are on win7 64 etc.

Finally, just to be sure please do a search on your system and make sure there is just the one diavc.ax present.
DAE avatar
nls

Post by nls »

OK, for now it seems to be resolved, they issued a new registration code for me. The machine code has apparently changed in the meantime. Thanks for your help.
admin

Post by admin »

Good to hear and thank you for the update. I should probably revise the error dialogs to point users in the right direction for appropriate support.