[RESOLVED] Another "could not load diavc.ax" issue

Support forum for DGAVCDecDI
DAE avatar
Alex-Kid

[RESOLVED] Another "could not load diavc.ax" issue

Post by Alex-Kid »

Hi admin, I didn't found this "could not load diavc.ax" issue in the board.

I just moved my computer to Win7 x64 OS so I had to install Avisynth, DGAVCDecDI and DiAVC again, and moved all my Avisynth plugins folder "as is" (diavc.ax, DGAVCDecodeDI.dll and license file included) to the new one in Win7. Then I want to edit a .264 file, and everything seems to work: load a .264 video elementary file in DGAVCIndexDI, it works; save project in .dgi file, it works; make a .avs file loading .dgi project, "DGSource("path\file.dgi"), no problem. But when I try to load it in VirtualDub 32-bit, an error window opens with message "Avisynth open failure: DGSource: Could not load diavc.ax". This is kinda strange, since I can play h.264 videos using DiAVC decoder with no problems.

Please help me fix this issue.

Greetings

By ALEX-KID
admin

Re: Another "could not load diavc.ax" issue

Post by admin »

First, you should ditch DGAVCDecDI and use DGDecIM.

If you can't, then the error indicates that the diavc.ax file is not found on the path given in the index file. Please check that it exists at that specified location.
DAE avatar
Alex-Kid

Post by Alex-Kid »

Ok, everything seems to be solved. The one and only guilty is likely to be Avisynth+ (something I forgot to mention :? ). I uninstalled it and then installed Avisynth 2.6 and it worked like magic: the problem has disappeared.

Now I'm using DGDecIM, and works very well with my Intel Core2Quad Q6600. Thank you!
DAE avatar
AJR

Post by AJR »

Alex did you test DGAVCDecDI against DGDecIM? Which one is faster?
DAE avatar
Alex-Kid

Re: [RESOLVED] Another "could not load diavc.ax" issue

Post by Alex-Kid »

AJR wrote:Alex did you test DGAVCDecDI against DGDecIM? Which one is faster?
DGAVCDecDI is faster on my system. But DGIndexIM doesn't throw me "bad frames" (corrupted frames when randomly picked) as with the former.