[RESOLVED] DGAvcDecDI crashes when playing mkv-file

Support forum for DGAVCDecDI
prokhozhijj
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:16 pm

Re: DGAvcDecDI crashes when playing mkv-file

Post by prokhozhijj » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:34 am

I am not lecturing you. I'm just voicing my thoughts aloud. Also I clearly see the difference of CPU utilization between DGSource and DSS2 in my script. You can easily check that I am right. Just use Microsoft Process Explorer tool. It can show how many threads actually in use within one application process and what the nature of these threads.

I am amateur in video standards. It is true. But I am not amateur in system administration - in this area I am professional. And I know difference between multi-processing, multi-threading and multi-coring. I'm sorry if my knowledge in this area hurt you.

Please show me example of video processing script for Avisynth, when CPU utilization with DGSource will be equal to 100%. Because until now I can't understand how to reach it with DGSource. However I can easily do it with DSS2. All my scripts have been given already to you.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4052
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: DGAvcDecDI crashes when playing mkv-file

Post by admin » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:37 am

I do not get crashing when I put SetMTMode(5,0) before DGSource(). If you do, perhaps you should remove all that MV tools stuff and see if it still crashes. If so, then please use your awesome system administration skills to provide me with a Dr. Watson dump of the crash.

prokhozhijj
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:16 pm

Re: DGAvcDecDI crashes when playing mkv-file

Post by prokhozhijj » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:55 pm

There is a dump.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b4g7c95/n/x264.zip
MD5: 5B24798EFD065F78523CA09F45308FD4
Size: 19'002'233

Avisynth script:

Code: Select all

SetMemoryMax(2000)
SetMTmode(5,0)
LoadPlugin("D:\arh\media\edit\video\_Filters\DGAVCDecDI\2025_20110106\DGAVCDecodeDI.dll")
DGSource("g:\video1.dgi")
return last
I've removed any dll-s from Avisynth plugins folder except for following:

DirectShowSource
MT
TCPDeliver

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4052
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: DGAvcDecDI crashes when playing mkv-file

Post by admin » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:29 pm

What is x264.DMP and how do I view it?

DrWatson logs are *.wlg.

prokhozhijj
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:16 pm

Re: DGAvcDecDI crashes when playing mkv-file

Post by prokhozhijj » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:33 pm

I've made this dump with Windows Task Manager. It can can be viewed with Windows debugger which comes with Windows SDK 7.
As far as I know there is no Dr.Watson debugger in Windows 7. But maybe I am wrong and you can tell me how I can run it in Windows 7.

Also I have diagnostic message from OS. I don't know if it could help... It looks like following

Event name: APPCRASH
Application name: x264.exe
Application version: 0.0.0.0
Application timestamp: 4d08623f
Module name: DGAVCDecodeDI.dll
Module version: 0.0.0.2025
Module timestamp: 4d2542b7
Exception code: c0000005
Exception offset: 000057c5
OS version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Language code: 1049
Additional info 1: 0a9e
Additional info 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional info 3: 0a9e
Additional info 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Last edited by prokhozhijj on Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4052
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: DGAvcDecDI crashes when playing mkv-file

Post by admin » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:35 pm

Sorry I do not currently have Win7.

Can't you provide a text dump?

Also, what happens with your script if you just load it into VirtualDub and play it?

prokhozhijj
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:16 pm

Re: DGAvcDecDI crashes when playing mkv-file

Post by prokhozhijj » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:44 pm

admin wrote: Can't you provide a text dump?
How it can be done? I'll do it, of course.
admin wrote: Also, what happens with your script if you just load it into VirtualDub and play it?

It crashes in very beginning. I've attached text file with crash info.
Attachments
crashinfo.zip
(2.03 KiB) Downloaded 29 times

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4052
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: DGAvcDecDI crashes when playing mkv-file

Post by admin » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:27 pm

That's strange because you say it crashes at the beginning but the dump shows decoder_flush() in the call stack and that is not called until end of stream.

Can you test on a WinXP SP3 system?

I plan to install Win7 soon on my old machine. I will test there when it is done.

prokhozhijj
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:16 pm

Re: DGAvcDecDI crashes when playing mkv-file

Post by prokhozhijj » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:49 am

admin wrote:That's strange because you say it crashes at the beginning but the dump shows decoder_flush() in the call stack and that is not called until end of stream.
I have no time to notice any video when it crashes.
admin wrote: Can you test on a WinXP SP3 system?
I can try under virtual machine only. But I don't think that it will be relevant testing because of different hardware list that virtual machine has. If you count that it will be useful than I'll try without any doubt.
admin wrote: I plan to install Win7 soon on my old machine. I will test there when it is done.
Of course, I can wait until you install new OS. There is no any hurry. Just let me know about this event, please.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4052
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: DGAvcDecDI crashes when playing mkv-file

Post by admin » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:11 am

prokhozhijj wrote:Of course, I can wait until you install new OS. There is no any hurry. Just let me know about this event, please.
I'm installing Win7 on one of my rigs right now. It may take me some time to get DiAVC installed and registered, etc.

Post Reply