[OPEN] DGAVCDecDI audio out of sync problems

Support forum for DGAVCDecDI
fabje
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:35 am

[OPEN] DGAVCDecDI audio out of sync problems

Post by fabje » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:59 pm

Hello,

I have a small problem with this program and I have the same problem with DGAVCIndex.
When I open a .ts file and just Save Project and Demux Video do. And after this I encoded it to a mkv file, my audio is out of sync.

But when I open a .ts file and push the "Step forward by GOP" 3 times and after this I push on the [ button.
And do Save Project and Demux Video, after I encoded this to a mkv file my audio is sync.

I really don't have a clue why this is happening, but is it maybe possible to enable cutting in the commandline?

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3833
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: DGAVCDecDI audio out of sync problems

Post by admin » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:22 pm

It (usually) happens because there is a blank portion of video at the start that does not have any audio.

fabje
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:35 am

Re: DGAVCDecDI audio out of sync problems

Post by fabje » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:33 am

neuron2 wrote:It (usually) happens because there is a blank portion of video at the start that does not have any audio.
Is there a program what I can use to check this?

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3833
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: DGAVCDecDI audio out of sync problems

Post by admin » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:19 am

You can use the Log Timestamps function of DGAVCIndexDI but you'd have to know how to interpret the info it gives you. Unfortunately I don't have any time right now to create a guide or any automation for that. I suggest just making a habit of always skipping over any blank video at the start. Just step by GOP until you see real video and then hit the [ button.

fabje
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:35 am

Re: DGAVCDecDI audio out of sync problems

Post by fabje » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:43 am

neuron2 wrote:You can use the Log Timestamps function of DGAVCIndexDI but you'd have to know how to interpret the info it gives you. Unfortunately I don't have any time right now to create a guide or any automation for that. I suggest just making a habit of always skipping over any blank video at the start. Just step by GOP until you see real video and then hit the [ button.
Well when I open a video file in DGAVCDecDI I see already real video.
But when I push one time on the GOP button I still see the same picture, when I push that button 2 times I see video of a few frames later.

It would be really nice to see that it will possible to put GOP in the commandline.
Because now I need to open DGAVCDecDI open the video file go a few steps to the right with GOP hit the [ button and Save Project and Demux Video. After that I need to start Staxrip and open the .264 file and need to wait until that is loaded into Staxrip.
If I can skip that first step that would be great.

So then you get a commandline something like this:
-i "%source_file%" -o -gop 2 "%working_dir%%source_name%.dgi" -a -e
The 2 is equal with pushing the GOP button two times to the right.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3833
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: DGAVCDecDI audio out of sync problems

Post by admin » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:01 pm

Can you send me a link to the first 25-50 MB of the source file? Cut it with DGSplit and upload to mediafire.com, then post the link here.

I will certainly consider adding an option like you request, but I want to see the file and be able to use it for testing.

Thank you.

fabje
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:35 am

Re: DGAVCDecDI audio out of sync problems

Post by fabje » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:17 am

neuron2 wrote:Can you send me a link to the first 25-50 MB of the source file? Cut it with DGSplit and upload to mediafire.com, then post the link here.

I will certainly consider adding an option like you request, but I want to see the file and be able to use it for testing.

Thank you.
You can download the first 200MB of the source file here: Link
Last edited by fabje on Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

fabje
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:35 am

Re: DGAVCDecDI audio out of sync problems

Post by fabje » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:16 am

admin did you checked the file already?

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3833
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: DGAVCDecDI audio out of sync problems

Post by admin » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:24 am

You're going to have to be a little patient as I am very busy.

fabje
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:35 am

Re: DGAVCDecDI audio out of sync problems

Post by fabje » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:02 am

neuron2 wrote:You're going to have to be a little patient as I am very busy.
Ok no problem :)

Post Reply