[RESOLVED] DVB-S MPEG TS input for MPEG2Source

Support forum for DGMPGDec
DAE avatar
Soroush

[RESOLVED] DVB-S MPEG TS input for MPEG2Source

Post by Soroush »

Hi,
MPEG2Source currently have 'd2v' parameter that just accept d2v files created using DGIndex, there is a usage case that require realtime DVB-S TS input for MPEG2Source for filtering and transcoding. having DGDecode and DGIndex codes there seems many of coding required for handling TS streams has been already done, what remains is grabbing the stream from DVB card, open source VLC accept DVB input and vlc/plugins/libdvbsub_plugin.dll may help, also there is Broadcast Driver Architecture which may facilitate accessing TS stream from DVB cards.

Since the input is live DVB stream then random seeking is not required, will this eliminate the need for indexing(d2v) on the fly?

d2v parameter could be something like this: freq=N:Srate:N:PID=N

Thanks
admin

Re: Feature Request: DVB-S MPEG TS input for MPEG2Source

Post by admin »

If you are looking for non-indexed serving of your live source then you should consider some DirectShow graph, using a filter such as ffdshow to allow Avisynth processing to be inserted. I do not plan any major new developments for DGMPGDec.
DAE avatar
Soroush

Post by Soroush »

neuron2 wrote:If you are looking for non-indexed serving of your live source then you should consider some DirectShow graph, using a filter such as ffdshow to allow Avisynth processing to be inserted.
Thanks for the tip Don, I was not aware of DirectShow and its graph capabilities, but there is CPU=6 parameter that I like in your MPEG2Source and though ffdshow has similar postprocessing tab with SSP deblocking but I am not sure if it is able to do deblocking and deringing based on quants of each block in mpeg file like your MPEG2Source do.
admin

Post by admin »

Sorry but MPEG2Source() requires an index.