How many concurrent DG NV things

Support forum for DGDecNV
hydra3333

Post by hydra3333 »

Greetings and other salutations.

I'm not sure where to plonk this query, so here seems as good as any given it seemingly involves mainly DG NV decodes. I did a quick search for "concurrent" and didn't readily spot anything.

Since I have a 3900X and am not too worried about cpu cores, I would like (famous last words) to be able to run 2 simultaneous workflows with NVDec decodes and NVEnc encodes in 2 concurrent batch scripts, i.e. combinations which may arise seem to include :-
(a) [1] DGIndexNV (NVDec?) and [2] DGIndexNV (NVDec?)
(b) [1] DGIndexNV (NVDec?) and [2] DGSource (NVDec) and DG filters in a vpy used by ffmpeg to NVEnc encode
(c) [1] DGSource (NVDec) and DG filters in a vpy used by ffmpeg to NVEnc encode and [2] DGSource (NVDec) and DG filters in a vpy used by ffmpeg to NVEnc encode

Checking the Nvidia 2060 Super in the support matrix
https://developer.nvidia.com/video-enco ... matrix-new
it says

NVENC - Encoding:
GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER Turing TU106 7th Gen D 1 1 1 3 YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
So, "Max # of concurrent sessions" = 3

NVENC - Decoding:
GeForce RTX 2060 - 2080 Turing TU106/TU106B/TU104 4th Gen D 1 1 1 YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES NO NO
So, eek, "Total # of NVDEC" = 1 ? Which doesn't seem right, only 1 NVDec at a time, for DGSource and playing videos ?

I suppose on top of that I'd need to concurrently surf the web and play on youtube or perhaps view a different video source.

I wonder, do you know how many combinations of DG and stuff work on a 2060 Super, or should I try to ask over on the Nvidia support site ?
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

NVDec supports multi-instances, i.e., although there is only one decode engine, it supports multiple simultaneous decodes.

The 2060 Super has 8GB, so I would not expect it to be limited in the cases you described. Best is for you to try them while monitoring memory usage with GPU-Z. Then let us know what you've found. ;)
hydra3333

Post by hydra3333 »

OK.
Thank you.

I also have an old PC with a 1050Ti so I'll experiment on that first :)