DGIndexNV some logfile values are blank

Support forum for DGDecNV
hydra3333

Post by hydra3333 »

Hello. I have a range of .mp4 h.264 files where DGIndexNV produces a log which looks like this:

Code: Select all

Stream Type: MP4
Video Type: AVC
Profile: High
Level: 4
Coded Size: 1920x1088
PAR: 1:1
Display Size: 1920x1080
Frame Rate: 25.000000 fps
Colorimetry: Unknown [2]
Frame Structure: 
Frame Type: 
Coded Number: 1629
Playback Number: 1629
Frame Repeats: 0
Field Repeats: 0
Bitrate: 
Bitrate (Avg): 
Bitrate (Max): 
Audio Stream:  2: AC3 448kbps 48000 5ch
Elapsed: 0:00:00
Remain: 0:00:00
FPS: 
Info: Finished!
I haven't yet checked DGIndexNV logs for the .mpg mpeg2 files.

Wondering ... the Bitrate fields are blank.

If they were filled in, I could parse the resulting logfile and make real good use of those values (especially the average bitrate) if they were printed in a fixed format eg Mbps :)

I didn't readily spot an option to turn on populating those values in the log file.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :salute:
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Please post a sample that demonstrates this.
hydra3333

Post by hydra3333 »

OK. Please have a look in here for the sample.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Thank you, hydra3333.

Bitrate is not read from the stream but rather it is calculated from a preview of the video. The preview must be at least a second long. If you simply load the stream and index it without previewing then the bitrate is not calculated and is unavailable for inclusion in the log.

It's easy to populate the Bitrate (Avg) field for Save project without a preview. However, Bitrate and Bitrate (Max) are problematic. Can you live with only Bitrate (Avg)? If so, you can get that by re-downloading build 228. Please advise if it is not enough for you and we can re-open the thread.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

@hydra3333

Links here are broken:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=506&p=6254#p6254

You should be able to attach them there, if you like. We will take good care of your data.
hydra3333

Post by hydra3333 »

Rocky wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:36 am
Thank you, hydra3333.

Bitrate is not read from the stream but rather it is calculated from a preview of the video. The preview must be at least a second long. If you simply load the stream and index it without previewing then the bitrate is not calculated and is unavailable for inclusion in the log.

It's easy to populate the Bitrate (Avg) field for Save project without a preview. However, Bitrate and Bitrate (Max) are problematic. Can you live with only Bitrate (Avg)? If so, you can get that by re-downloading build 228. Please advise if it is not enough for you and we can re-open the thread.
Ah. Thank you.
Should have mentioned it's in a batch workflow using commandline. I hadn't twigged it was dependent on an interactive preview. Oops.

"C:\SOFTWARE\Vapoursynth-x64\DGIndex\DGIndexNV.exe" -i "D:\VRDTVSP-SCRATCH\News-National_Nine_News_Afternoon_Edition.2021-02-05.QSF.mp4" -h -o "D:\VRDTVSP-SCRATCH\News-National_Nine_News_Afternoon_Edition.2021-02-05.QSF.dgi"
Yes, "Bitrate (Avg)" is the one I'm after, the others are more in the nice to have category.
If so, you can get that by re-downloading build 228.
OK I'll try that, although I suspect my deficient information provision means I'll not be very lucky :)
hydra3333

Post by hydra3333 »

Rocky wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:51 pm
@hydra3333

Links here are broken:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=506&p=6254#p6254

You should be able to attach them there, if you like. We will take good care of your data.
Well ... as long as you won't laugh at the 40's/50's photo of my relatives ;)

[admin: pics moved to the cited thread]
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

hydra3333 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:42 am
If so, you can get that by re-downloading build 228.
OK I'll try that, although I suspect my deficient information provision means I'll not be very lucky :)
My point was that I slipped a fix to include Bitrate (Avg) in the log file into the online build 228. Not sure why luck should be involved in downloading that.

BTW, admin moved your pics to the original post where you had the google drive links.
hydra3333

Post by hydra3333 »

Thankyou, yes, that works fine, eg

Bitrate (Avg): 2.974
OK, with the fix I wasn't sure if commandline processing had some different code paths :)
... 1970's/80's coding styles at this end, plus years working with the French (who sometimes made different "of course it works like that" assumptions which were still quite valid), and a few decades working with newbie (graduate) programmers ... ;)

I'll be pleased if the new Australian submarines made by the French in conjunction with Aussies float the first time around :D ;) (I've nothing to do with them, only what I see in the paper). Don't get me wrong - it is trite to say, but I do love the French :)
Sherman

Post by Sherman »

I wasn't sure if command line processing had some different code paths
Ya think? Of course. At DG Tools we've known about the importance of the CLI for a long time, so rest assured that we will not disappoint you. :salute:

Right there with you on the French people and nation, Mr hydra3333. Too many great things come to mind.
Honoré de Balzac! So many debts to French culture for the right-thinking. Bravo!

You are correct (cannot be denied); every info field should be populated, without excuses. Don't worry, I get it.