DGSource, etc., problems with staxrip

Support forum for DGDecNV
Pauly Dunne

Post by Pauly Dunne »

Hi, my 1st post here, so be kind :)

And I am a total noobie with Staxrip & app's like this !!!

I recently started fiddling around with Staxrip, but it's just been fiddle, trying to figure out it's plethora of settings & options.

I'm a RipBit264 user, and tbh it's a little limited, compared to Staxrip.

Anyway, DGDecNV was highlighted on the Staxrip forum as now being "free", and JKyle posted how to integrate it into Staxrip.

So I did that, and just got a series of errors, when DGDecNV / DGSource was used.

I installed the latest nVidia drivers for my old GTX1080, but the error persisted.

videoh suggested I try the DGIndexNV.exe natively, and got the same errors, however, it sort of seems to be working to a point, now, and I haven't really done anything.

If I load a basic .mkv into either x32 or x64 versions, it seems to accept it, but when I ask it to "Save Project", it saves all the files associated with a full demux, and the only thing I know of at this stage to mux it back together is MKVToolNix, and the end result only plays for short time, and stops.

So the most common error is:- ERROR: culnit ( ) failed [100] or [999]

Have searched high & low, and can't find much info.

I really don't know what I'm doing.

Cheers
Rocky

DGSource, etc problems

Post by Rocky »

Hello Pauly and welcome to the forum!

OK, we are going to use only DGIndexNV and DGDecodeNV directly. No staxrip yet!

Load your MKV file in DGIndexNV. Press F5. Does the video play. If yes, continue below. If no, report that.

Now, if you do not want to demux files, go into Demux and uncheck Enable demux processing.

Now, do File/Save project.

Now make a basic script, replacing the path and file name as needed:

Code: Select all

loadplugin("d:\don\Programming\C++\dgdecnv\DGDecodeNV\x64\Release\dgdecodenv.dll")
dgsource("alba.dgi")
Save the script as name.avs.

Open VirtualDub2 and then do File/Open video file... and select your script. You should see the first frame and then you can play the video.

Please advise if this all works and if not, where and how it fails.
Pauly Dunne

DGSource, etc problems

Post by Pauly Dunne »

Rocky wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 9:54 am
Hello Pauly and welcome to the forum!

OK, we are going to use only DGIndexNV and DGDecodeNV directly. No staxrip yet!

Load your MKV file in DGIndexNV. Press F5. Does the video play. If yes, continue below. If no, report that.

Now, if you do not want to demux files, go into Demux and uncheck Enable demux processing.

Now, do File/Save project.

Now make a basic script, replacing the path and file name as needed:

loadplugin("d:\don\Programming\C++\dgdecnv\DGDecodeNV\x64\Release\dgdecodenv.dll")
dgsource("alba.dgi")
Save the script as name.avs.

Open VirtualDub2 and then do File/Open video file... and select your script. You should see the first frame and then you can play the video.

Please advise if this all works and if not, where and how it fails.
Hi Rocky,

Thanks for the welcome :)

OK, I have followed your instructions, and had no issues what so ever :)

So, what's the next step ??

There must be a hiccup with how Staxrip uses this, then...
Rocky

DGSource, etc problems

Post by Rocky »

Over at Doom9 I asked you to run standalone and you said it failed for 64-bit. That's why I brought you over here! What were you talking about?

Give me a link to the instructions for using DGDecNV in staxrip and I'll have a look-see.

Also tell me what you do that leads to an error and what that error is.
Pauly Dunne

DGSource, etc problems

Post by Pauly Dunne »

Rocky wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 10:26 pm
Over at Doom9 I asked you to run standalone and you said it failed for 64-bit. That's why I brought you over here! What were you talking about?

Give me a link to the instructions for using DGDecNV in staxrip and I'll have a look-see.

Also tell me what you do that leads to an error and what that error is.
Yes you did, (well videoh did, too many names) and at the time it threw up an error about culnit () failed, but like I said, I really didn't know what I was doing...

That name.avs, I created from your 1st post, I am currently processing that thru Staxrip, and it's just finished, and it seems to play well, I didn't use an audio track tho :(

https://github.com/staxrip/staxrip/wiki ... in-StaxRip

Well, all it took was to enable DGDecNV as the Source in Staxrip, I think it does some check on it, and it would just throw up that error...maybe I need to try that again...
Rocky

DGSource, etc problems

Post by Rocky »

Pauly Dunne wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 10:46 pm
Yes you did, (well videoh did, too many names) and at the time it threw up an error about culnit () failed, but like I said, I really didn't know what I was doing...
OK, forget about it then.
Well, all it took was to enable DGDecNV as the Source in Staxrip, I think it does some check on it, and it would just throw up that error...maybe I need to try that again...
Please try again and report what you did and the exact error.
Pauly Dunne

DGSource, etc problems

Post by Pauly Dunne »

Rocky wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 11:00 pm
Pauly Dunne wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 10:46 pm
OK, forget about it then.
Please try again and report what you did and the exact error.
I ran Staxrip, and recorded the errors...

A short video here:- https://www.mediafire.com/file/dv5p6jyn ... o.mkv/file
Rocky

DGSource, etc problems

Post by Rocky »

I don't see how a preview can work without you having indexed the stream with DGIndexNV. You said nothing about that, even after I asked you to tell me what you did. Instead you just give me a video showing you press the Preview button.

When I say what you did, I mean everything, beginning with opening staxrip. Step-by-step!
Pauly Dunne

DGSource, etc problems

Post by Pauly Dunne »

Rocky wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 7:19 am
I don't see how a preview can work without you having indexed the stream with DGIndexNV. You said nothing about that, even after I asked you to tell me what you did. Instead you just give me a video showing you press the Preview button. Pauly, I do not have a magic wand and I'm not a mind reader.

When I say what you did, I mean everything, beginning with opening staxrip. Step-by-step!

I've asked JKyle if he can help us here. I am not a staxrip user so don't know how things are supposed to be done.
I'm sorry Rocky,

I've got too many other things going thru my head, other than this..

I think why I showed you that video was just to show all the errors I was getting with Staxrip.

I'm trying to figure out how & what to do with app's I have either never used, or not used in a VERY long time, meaning DGIndex & VirtualDub2.

I think what I did with Staxrip was run that name.avs, and ran the preview.

So what I'll do at my next opportunity IS document the steps I took to get to that point.

And to be really honest, I'd really like to see if DGDecNV can somehow be used within RipBot264, not Staxrip.

Have you had any dealings with Atak (I'd be surprised if you haven't.

Having said that, IF there is a problem with Staxrip & the use of DGDecNV, let's see if it can be fixed :)

So I will get back to you ASAP, probably tomorrow (my time), it's midnight here right now.

Cheers, and my apologies.
Rocky

DGSource, etc problems

Post by Rocky »

Great info, Pauly, thank you.
OK, that should work fine. I did this:

Manually index alba.264 and make an AVS alba.avs:

dgsource("Alba.dgi")
This script plays fine in VirtualDub2.

Then I opened newly installed staxrip 2.5.0 (portable). I did not make any changes to settings or anything, just installed it and opened it.

Then I loaded the alba.avs as the source file.

Upon hitting Preview I get a preview without any errors. I was also able to run the job and create alba.mkv with no problems.

You'll have to go through staxrip configuration hoops only if you want to do everything within staxrip. If you index and make an AVS externally and then simply open the AVS, everything should be fine.

I suggest to try this procedure starting from a fresh staxrip 2.5.0 with no settings changes, i.e., default settings. Advise if that works. Perhaps the setting changes you made have messed things up.
Pauly Dunne

DGSource, etc problems

Post by Pauly Dunne »

Rocky wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 9:50 am
Great info, Pauly, thank you.
OK, that should work fine. I did this:

Manually index alba.264 and make an AVS alba.avs:

dgsource("Alba.dgi")
This script plays fine in VirtualDub2.

Then I opened newly installed staxrip 2.5.0 (portable). I did not make any changes to settings or anything, just installed it and opened it.

Then I loaded the alba.avs as the source file.

Upon hitting Preview I get a preview without any errors. I was also able to run the job and create alba.mkv with no problems.

You'll have to go through staxrip configuration hoops only if you want to do everything within staxrip. If you index and make an AVS externally and then simply open the AVS, everything should be fine.

I suggest to try this procedure starting from a fresh staxrip 2.5.0 with no settings changes, i.e., default settings. Advise if that works. Perhaps the setting changes you made have messed things up.
Hey,

Didn't do anything with this today, as it turned out what I told you yesterday worked out to some degree :)

Like I said in the previous post, I'm not that interested in getting to work in Staxrip, as I really don't want to go thru that integration procedure...it worked for you, so I've got nothing else to prove.

I would really like to get this work with RipBot264, as it ONLY uses L-Smash, and that's it, NO other options :(

I had a bit of a fiddle this morning, but I have no idea what I'm doing, so I gave up.

Cheers, and thanks so much for your help.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

For sure. Please advise any issues with DG tools. Onward and upward. :idea:
Pauly Dunne

Post by Pauly Dunne »

Hi DG,
I just thought I might revisit this situation again, so I would like to pick your brain please.

If I was to create an .avs of a movie using the method you provided above, do you think I could incorporate (replace) it into the L-smash script that Ripbot creates ??

As long as testing it's process worked prior.

This is an example of the script that Ripbot creates :-

#VideoSource
LoadPlugin("D:\RipBot264v1.26.1\Tools\AviSynth plugins\lsmash\LSMASHSource.dll")
video=LWLibavVideoSource("D:\Overclocking the Ryzen 9 3950X.mp4",cachefile="C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\Overclocking the Ryzen 9 3950X.mp4.lwi")

I have had a couple of attempts of replacing a few things, but nothing happens.

If you have any suggestions, or you don't won't to have anything to do with it, that's fine...doesn't hurt to ask.

Cheers
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

It should be possible. First, you would use DGIndexNV to make the DGI index file as before. Then your sample script becomes as follows. Replace the ... with the appropriate path to DGDecodeNV.dll.

LoadPlugin("...\DGDecodeNV.dll")
video=DGSource("D:\Overclocking the Ryzen 9 3950X.dgi")
return video

You can open that script in VirtualDub2 to test it.

Your script did not have a return so I assume it is a partial script and later lines use the variable 'video'. If that is the case then remove the 'return video' line and add the rest of the script. Test it first as above.
Pauly Dunne

Post by Pauly Dunne »

Rocky wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:55 am
It should be possible. First, you would use DGIndexNV to make the DGI index file as before. Then your sample script becomes as follows. Replace the ... with the appropriate path to DGDecodeNV.dll.

LoadPlugin("...\DGDecodeNV.dll")
video=DGSource("D:\Overclocking the Ryzen 9 3950X.dgi")
return video

You can open that script in VirtualDub2 to test it.

Your script did not have a return so I assume it is a partial script and later lines use the variable 'video'. If that is the case then remove the 'return video' line and add the rest of the script. Test it first as above.
Hey Rocky,

Thanks for the prompt reply, and I think I understand what I need to do, or at least attempt...

But your comment on that this maybe being only part of the script, I thought I'd "rar up" ALL the .avs's, etc (from a different Job) that are created by RipBot, during it's initial Job creation (before encoding), So I have attached said "rar", hopefully it works, and you can suss out what it all means, for me :)
Attachments
job2.rar
(3.89 KiB) Downloaded 313 times
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Sorry, I can't "suss out what it all means" as I support only my tools. I do note that the video.avs file has a 'return video' statement just as I pointed out. I guess you would modify that script as I described above.
Pauly Dunne

Post by Pauly Dunne »

Rocky wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:10 am
Sorry, I can't "suss out what it all means" as I support only my tools. I do note that the video.avs file has a 'return video' statement just as I pointed out. I guess you would modify that script as I described above.
That's OK, I understand, however it wasn't a total loss, you did "suss out" where, what you mentioned, is :)

So I will have a play, I will report back, either good or bad.

Cheers & thanks
Pauly Dunne

Post by Pauly Dunne »

Hi Rocky,

Just thought I'd let you know that I had an epiphany today, I hadn't done much with this dilemma of mine, but I thought I'd give it a shot again, downloaded the latest DGDecNV, and referencing our earlier conversation, and ran a movie quickly thru DGIndex, and got all the files I needed to fiddle with, I edited the "code" that RipBot created for the same movie, and bugger me, it worked...

It's almost TOO easy....

So thanks for your help, months ago, and it's finally came to fruition.

BTW, I have retired the name Pauly Dunne (but I think you might already know that)

But I'm still out there doing stuff for RipBot, and it's working better, all the time.

Cheers
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

That's great to hear. Thank you for the update.

Do you want me to change your user name to something else?
Pauly Dunne

Post by Pauly Dunne »

:salute: :salute:

Na, I think I'll be OK with Pauly Dunne, here.

I mean, he's NOT dead, he's just taking a break from other Forum's. :roll:

But I do have a "partner" in crime. ;) :roll:
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Watch out, they frown on multiple accounts, whereas here we encourage it. All work and no play makes Pauly a dull boy. Sock puppet our butts! :lol: