[RESOLVED] Repeat frames at end of encode

Support forum for DGDecNV
admin

Re: Repeat frames at end of encode

Post by admin »

I had a similar case where my graphics card got into an insane state and it required a power shutdown to get straight. I'll mark this resolved but feel free to re-open it if needed.
DAE avatar
BarryW

Re: [RESOLVED] Repeat frames at end of encode

Post by BarryW »

It now looks ok - another file done without any problems. I'll keep an eye on it.
DAE avatar
BarryW

Post by BarryW »

It's back again - a repeat frame at the end of another large HD TS file.
Again the AvsP tool shows no repeat frame at the end when viewing the AVS/DGI created by DGIndexNV 2038.
I've rebooted the PC and gone back to DGAVCIndexNV 1.0.13 which I know works except the MeGUI preview screen crashes.

This might be a red herring but someone else uses this Windows XP SP3 computer.
They use Chrome to view bodybrowser site which uses WebGL and GPU acceleration (Firefox 4 as well).
Recently Google disabled GPU acceleration in Chrome 10 due to problems when running under XP - it was causing their browser to crash.
The GPU acceleration can be re-enabled on the Chrome 10 start line with "--ignore-gpu-blacklist" which then allows the bodybrowser site to work under XP. I was wondering if Chrome 9 or Firefox 4 with GPU acceleration is screwing up the GPU whilst an encode job was running.
Chrome 10 should be safe as GPU acceration is now disabled by default (unless over-ridden) but Firefox 4 has recently been installed on the PC.
admin

Post by admin »

Again, I can help only with a stream and a description of how to make the problem occur. As you are the only one reporting this, and it works fine when serving into VirtualDub/AvsP, and you have some fishy stuff going on with your system, I am inclined to believe that there is no issue with DGDecNV. The onus is on you to show that there is an issue that needs to be addressed.
DAE avatar
BarryW

Post by BarryW »

Agreed. I'll do another test and see if it occurs again when I've got a spare couple of hours.
DAE avatar
BarryW

Post by BarryW »

There's a new NVidia driver for GeForce/ION based cards from the release 265 family of drivers released 18th Jan 2011. The actual version number is 266.58. It's available for various OS's and languages. It supports the latest GTX 570 and 580 cards but it doesn't say if anything has changed for the GT 8600. I'll give it a try.
DAE avatar
BarryW

Post by BarryW »

I've replaced the old GT 8600 with a new GT 430 and updated the NVidia driver to the latest (266.58). I'll see if that helps.