[RESOLVED] Possible frame inconsistency with DGSource

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
asarian

[RESOLVED] Possible frame inconsistency with DGSource

Post by asarian »

Dear admin,

I'm experiencing frame inconsistency with the latest DGDecNV (DGSource). In Ghost In The Shell, for instance. At ca. 3.05min into the encoded movie (with x264), I suddenly get 1 frame that does not belong (it's a frame that follows 2 frames later, from a different scene: I might otherwise not even have noticed it). At first I thought it was MCTemporalDenoise's fault, but using FFVideoSource does not produce the same error.

Reproducing the original error would entail providing a sample which is way too long (over 3 minutes of 1080p video). 'Fortunately' the frame inconsistency also occurs on this small sample here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?p0x9hze89oa5plv

(It includes everything I used). At frame 105 from the output file, gits_sample.m2ts, you can clearly witness the same type of frame inconsistency: suddenly there's a frame used (from a few frames back, in this case), which is NOT present in the original (gits_sample.mkv).

Thanks for your time.
admin

Re: Possible frame inconsistency with DGSource

Post by admin »

It's probably caused by your use of MT(). Didee has posted about this, telling which ways work for multithreading with DGDecNV.

Please try without MT() and report back.
DAE avatar
asarian

Post by asarian »

admin wrote:It's probably caused by your use of MT(). Didee has posted about this, telling which ways work for multithreading with DGDecNV.

Please try without MT() and report back.
Thanks, admin. You're right, without the MT() calls things go well.

I best go find Didee's post then. :)
DAE avatar
kypec

Post by kypec »

asarian, could you please provide Doom9's links here once you find that thread? Thanks.