Define range from CLI

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
Guest 2

Define range from CLI

Post by Guest 2 »

In Naruto italian BD collection, unfortunately the chapters are a bit lousy and, wanting to skip the initial opening, some frames from it are left by MKV chapter splitting.

As there are 200+ episodes, I'd like to tell DGIndex batch to skip, as example, the first 8 frames of the stream when defining DGI and demuxing audio and sub properly.

As general purpose, some syntax like in AVS trim command would be nice.

Example https://www.upload.ee/files/15673122/02 ... 1.mkv.html.
Rocky

Define range from CLI

Post by Rocky »

I'll check if there is a way to do it without excessive complexity. Give me some days for it.
DAE avatar
Guest 2

Define range from CLI

Post by Guest 2 »

Rocky wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:05 am
I'll check if there is a way to do it without excessive complexity. Give me some days for it.
Every effort is welcome.
Rocky

Define range from CLI

Post by Rocky »

Your sample has no audio or subs, so it is useless for developing and testing this feature. Also, what's the point of giving me an MKV? Is your source MKV or bluray MPLS?
DAE avatar
Guest 2

Define range from CLI

Post by Guest 2 »

Rocky wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:34 am
Your sample has no audio or subs, so it is useless for developing and testing this feature. Also, what's the point of giving me an MKV? Is your source MKV or bluray MPLS?
You are right. My file is useless, as it's a general purpose feature and that video has nothing special. :salute:

Any BD segment would work fine. ;)
DAE avatar
Guest 2

Define range from CLI

Post by Guest 2 »

Any update?
Rocky

Define range from CLI

Post by Rocky »

Can't find a clean way to do it.
DAE avatar
Guest 2

Define range from CLI

Post by Guest 2 »

Rocky wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:55 am
Can't find a clean way to do it.
In the mean time I am using matroska as "trimmer" but it's limited to I-frames. :scratch:

I'd like to use DGSource as it would provide clean cuts at every frame. 8-)
Rocky

Define range from CLI

Post by Rocky »

If it was just the video, i.e., DGSource, it would be easy, but you specified that the demuxing must be adjusted as well. If we don't change the demuxing, how about just replacing those 8 frames with black? I'm not sure what the problem is that you object to.
DAE avatar
Guest 2

Define range from CLI

Post by Guest 2 »

Rocky wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:41 am
If it was just the video, i.e., DGSource, it would be easy, but you specified that the demuxing must be adjusted as well. If we don't change the demuxing, how about just replacing those 8 frames with black? I'm not sure what the problem is that you object to.
8 frames was just an example.

Imagine to have prologue, opening, episode, ending and I just want to keep prologue+episode.

I could simply open the file in virtualdub to find the correct frames and use them somehow in dgindex.exe to have the correct video+audio+sub+chapters.
Rocky

Define range from CLI

Post by Rocky »

As stated, can't find a clean way to implement that.

"I could simply open the file in virtualdub to find the correct frames"

You said you have 200+ disks to apply this to, so how can you tolerate that manual stuff? If you can tolerate that, why can't you tolerate opening in DGIndexNV and setting your project range?
DAE avatar
Guest 2

Define range from CLI

Post by Guest 2 »

Rocky wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:54 am
If you can tolerate that, why can't you tolerate opening in DGIndexNV and setting your project range?
AFAIK the range is valid to export ts only. Have I lost something in the past months?
Rocky

Define range from CLI

Post by Rocky »

Project range has controlled everything, not just TS export, for 20 years, first in DGIndex and then in DGIndexNV. It's shocking to me that you did not know that.
DAE avatar
Guest 2

Define range from CLI

Post by Guest 2 »

Rocky wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:57 pm
Project range has controlled everything, not just TS export, for 20 years, first in DGIndex and then in DGIndexNV. It's shocking to me that you did not know that.
I tried just before asking you this feature and it didn't work as I expected, that's why I posted my request.
Rocky

Define range from CLI

Post by Rocky »

I guess, based on your sample, that the point you want to cut is not the start of a GOP. If you skip one GOP at the beginning you lose a few real frames. Well, DGIndexNV is not designed to be a general-purpose editor that can cut at arbitrary frames, re-encoding orphaned ones, like VideoRedo. I'd be tempted to suggest other ways to deal with your sample, but you've indicated it's a more general thing for you, and without knowing your cases, it seems pointless to focus on your sample.
DAE avatar
Guest 2

Define range from CLI

Post by Guest 2 »

Rocky wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:17 pm
I guess, based on your sample, that the point you want to cut is not the start of a GOP.
As I see that DGSource is frame accurate and can decode the video stream as a continuous "I-frame" file, that would be nice too. Anyway I will do some other attempts and see if I can get it from GUI but it could be not so easy as there is no frame number indication. Since you introduced the chapter support in the timeline, is there some shortcut or command to correctly move the boundaries there?
Rocky

Define range from CLI

Post by Rocky »

Guest 2 wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:37 am
As I see that DGSource is frame accurate and can decode the video stream as a continuous "I-frame" file, that would be nice too.
You can already do that in your script. But that's after indexing so it won't help with the other demuxed stuff.
Since you introduced the chapter support in the timeline, is there some shortcut or command to correctly move the boundaries there?
I have to look into that. I can't remember if the project range affects chapter timing.