Support forum for DGDecNV
admin

Re: DGDecNV + Overlay = glitches

Post by admin »

Of course it's fixable. :ugeek:
admin

Post by admin »

OK, on the first issue regarding missing frames at the end when comparing the M2TS with the MKV:

I extracted the ES from the M2TS with Manzanita Muxer and from the MKV with mkvextract, and then compared them. The ES from the MKV is missing one frame at the end. Then because that produces an out of order POC at the end, DGDecNV deletes an additional one. So the problem there is with the MKV muxer or what you fed to it. No problem found with DGDecNV.

Now I will investigate the random access issue...
admin

Post by admin »

On the second issue, there is a problem in timecode seeking in the MKV parser code I got from Haali. That code is pretty complicated and not well commented so I made a workaround in DGDecodeNV. It appears to fix the problem. I want to spend a little more time trying to figure out what's going on in the MKV seek code before I release a build, hopefully by the end of this weekend.

EDIT: Released build 2028 with the fix.
DAE avatar
Nick007

Post by Nick007 »

I'll try it tomorrow and report back if it's okay. As for the number of frames issue, it's really not a problem, just an observation. Hope the out-of-order frames will be no more :-)
DAE avatar
Nick007

Post by Nick007 »

Seems to be fixed, hurray! :-) I'll report back, if it'll manifest itself in the future, but I hope not. Thanks again!