[RESOLVED] Basic editing with DGIndexNV

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
djesteban

[RESOLVED] Basic editing with DGIndexNV

Post by djesteban »

Hi,

I have two copies of a same blu-ray movie (two different edition), but they both contain slightly different cuts and extra footage.

My goal here is to combine the different parts of those two versions in order to make my own cut with all the extra footage. Now, I really want to go the non-destructive way (no re-encode) while I'm editing. I only want to re-encode the end result (I will use x264)

Here's some info about the m2ts' streams:
They are both MPEG-4 AVC encodes and are of the same resolution (that's even if you crop the letterbox), though one (US edition) shows a framerate of 23.976fps, while the other (UK edition) displays a framerate of 24fps. They also share the same spec for the audio; a DTS-MA 5.1 1536Kbps.

I tried, was to make my cuts using DGIndexNV, which would've work like a charm if only I could advance one frame at a time (frame-by-frame), but it seems DGIndexNV only permits to skip to the next GOP(?!). This is frustrating in this case, because DGIndexNV is able to snip the DTS-MA track also, which would make it perfect for the job :(

Is it just me that's missing something or is there really no way to do a one-frame advance?

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!
DAE avatar
kypec

Re: Basic editing with DGIndexNV

Post by kypec »

You can only cut AVC stream at GOP boundaries without re-encoding. Previewing and stepping frame-by-frame in DGIndex would be possible I think (if Donald had implemented such feature) but it still wouldn't solve your need to cut the video stream precisely at those frame points, sadly. ;)
DAE avatar
Sharc

Post by Sharc »

You may want to try Smart Cutter for frame accurate cutting. It's not free though.
http://www.fame-ring.com/smart_cutter.html
Karyudo

Post by Karyudo »

What's wrong with using AviSynth and VirtualDub, and then rendering out using MeGUI? That doesn't re-encode while editing; just the final render to x264, as the OP wants.

Doesn't it??