[RESOLVED] Frame shown is not actual frame to encode v 2039

Support forum for DGDecNV
flyordie

[RESOLVED] Frame shown is not actual frame to encode v 2039

Post by flyordie »

Background
I hadn't done HDTV capturing in about 3 or so months. I started back this week. I've been using MC-TVConverter 2 to convert the WTV files to its profile MPEG2 HQ so I can use DGIndexNV 2039 with my GTX 560 Ti (275.33) on Win7 x64 to cut the 6 parts of an episode out for encoding. MediaInfo tells me the video quality is 1920 x 1080, 29.976 fps, interlaced. DGIndexNV also concurs with this information.

Procedure I use
I use the left and right arrows for finding beginning and end segments of video. Since there are no modifier keys (like shift, alt or control) I use the mouse to jump through the video to find the next section to fine tune for a beginning or end.

My Issue
When I use the left or right arrows for fine tuning to get to a beginning or end to cut, the picture shown is NOT the frame I've selected. I have to wiggle the DGIndexNV window in order for the picture to refresh and actually show the frame I've selected. Its pretty much one frame increment before or after depending on the left or right arrow key I was using.

I've uploaded a segment that shows the issue I've been having.
http://www.mediafire.com/?arg2t7c7k3oa697
If you move around the segment with the arrow keys or even with the mouse one or two jumps from wherever the cursor is you should see the issue I am talking about. Preferably, if you wiggle the preview window, nothing should change. For me, the preview picture changes.
Last time I really used your software it was for 720p video content. Perhaps the interlacing is messing with the video shown?
admin

Re: Fame shown is not actual frame set to encode v 2039

Post by admin »

I don't know what you mean by "wiggle the preview window".

I don't see any unusual behavior with your stream.

Please give me an exact series of steps to duplicate your issue using the stream you uploaded.
flyordie

Re: Frame shown is not actual frame set to encode v 2039

Post by flyordie »

I just realized this issue shows up because I have Video > Enable PureVideo Deinterlacer > Double Rate enabled. :(

Start DGIndexNV.exe
Press F2 to Open
select "DGIndexNV 2011 08 05.demuxed.m2v" and click Open
click OK on the File List Window
Enable Video > Enable PureVideo Deinterlacer > Double Rate

Press the right arrow key 4 times
The on screen image will be this:

You need to force the DGIndex preview window to refresh. This can be achieved by holding down the left click button on the title bar and moving the window an arbitrary amound and letting go of the left mouse button. This is what I called "wiggle". You can alternatively minimize the preview window and them restore it, or move another window in front of the DGIndexNV preview window and then go back to it.
The on screen image will become this:
admin

Re: Frame shown is not actual frame set to encode v 2039

Post by admin »

I have slipstreamed the fix into version 2040, so please re-download and test with that version.
flyordie

Re: [RESOLVED] Frame shown is not actual frame to encode v 2

Post by flyordie »

Version 2040 does in fact mitigate my incorrect picture display when navigating on the timeline with double-rate deinterlacing enabled.

Thank you so much for fixing this so freaking fast. :D