[RESOLVED] 2040 Runs GPU at max until software is closed

Support forum for DGDecNV
flyordie

[RESOLVED] 2040 Runs GPU at max until software is closed

Post by flyordie »

I wanted to start with you are awesome at responding to this forum and fixing peoples problems.

I always have gpu-z open with the Sensors tab selected.
I have a GTX 560 Ti.
I have found that 2040 release increases the GPU Core Clock, GPU Memory Clock, and GPU Shader Clock from the idle 50.6MHz, 67.5MHz, and 101.0MHz respectively to the 3D profile speeds of 850MHz, 1050MHz, 1700MHz. It does this immediately after starting the software and doesn't ever lower the speeds until the software is closed.

I checked release 2039 and noticed the exact same situation. Should it be doing this the whole time the software is open? If the software is minimized should the frequency drop back to idle?
admin

Re: 2040 Runs GPU at 3D Frequencies until software is closed

Post by admin »

I have no control over it. I assume CUVID must be triggering something. For me it's a good thing.
flyordie

Post by flyordie »

I have installed 270.61, rebooted and the gpu still ramps up the frequencies when I load your software. When my GTX 460 gets back from Gigabyte (in a month or so) I will test that one. When my GT 520 get in next week I will test that one. Thank you for your fantastic response time! I tried setting a 3d profile for the .exe, but I'm not sure what needs to be set. I guess my water cooling will just deal with it. :D
admin

Post by admin »

On retesting I too see this phenomenon. As I said, I cannot control it so I mark this resolved.